He cleared his throat and asked, "tumhe kya chahiye Naina "
Naina felt butterflies in her stomach, after listening her name from his mouth. Her name sounded so better, now that it was coming from his mouth.
"Umm, ek sandwich mangado please"

Sameer muttered a okay and decided to have a sandwich as well. His friends were shocked since Sameer basically lived on Samosas but Sameer insisted that he wanted to try something new. Sandwich did became a favourite of his from that day onwards...

The rest of the meal passed silently with everyone munching on their food, while Sameer and Naina were stealing glances of each other. Luckily, their eyes did not meet and it did save them from embarrassment.

Naina had always been a ketchup lover. While people ate sandwich with ketchup, Naina ate ketchup with sandwich. And the same happened today. She covered her sandwich with lots of ketchup and ate it with delight. No one could tell if she liked the sandwich, or the ketchup. Sameer, who was watching her intently, now felt uncomfortable again. The ketchup was smeared on her lips, and Sameer was controlling himself from wiping it off with his own lips.

This was the only conversation that they had in one week. Naina skillfully avoided Sameer and her feelings for him. What was the point in following a road when it does not take you anywhere? She has to shut her feelings in a box, and throw its keys away and that too forever..

On the other hand, Sameer too avoided Naina. Everyday, she came to college in jeans or knee length dresses. The dresses she wore, hugged her curves so tightly that Sameer and his male parts became suffocated. Her lips invited him to come and kiss them. Her long hair encouraged him to run his hands through them. Her waist teased him enclose her in his arms. But he can't do it. He shouldn't. She is.. she is... out of bounds. He tried his best to stay away from the not-little-anymore, Naina Aggarwal.

--------------------------------
One week later, the boys were at cricket practice, while the girls were sitting in the canteen, munching on delicious samosas.
"Arey Preeti tujhe woh economics ki class mein kuch samajh aaya tha kya"
"Nahi Swati, main toh Kritik ko dekh rahi thi. Kitna cute hai na yaar" She sighed dreamily.
Naina slapped her forehead, but she smiled nonetheless.

They resumed their conversation until, Ekta, one of their classmates came running.
"Tum teeno jaldi khana khatam karo. Abhi principal mam ki surprise class hai."

Naina was shocked while Preeti and Swati looked horrified. Everyone dreaded the principal's lectures. She was strict, boring and no one wanted to attend her lectures. Preeti and Swati got up, but they noticed that Naina had not finished her samosa yet.
"Yaar Naina, main aur Preeti na class ke liye jaate hai. Tu apna samosa khatam karke aa Jana."
"Aur please pura kha liyo. Tune nashta bhi nahi Kiya tha. Waise bhi lecture mein Abhi 15 minute hai. Main aur Swati peeche ka padh lenge, tune to already padh rakha hai"

Naina reluctantly agreed and went back to her samosa, while Preeti and Swati followed Ekta.

It had been just five minutes since they had gone, when the door of canteen burst open and few second years came inside. They all looked around as if looking for a prey. The first years however, looked scared and Naina too looked for ways to escape, since she remembered the advise given to her by Arjun bhaiya.

A second year came forward and loudly declared, "Chalo saare ke saare first years line mein aa jao. Chup chaap apni haazri lagvao warna accha nahi hoga"

The first years looked around for help, but obviously, they had no choice. As for Naina, she was facing the moment, that she dreaded the most. This moment did prove more dangerous than principal's lecture.

Soon the first years followed quietly. The same second year said,
"Bahut acche, ab jaldi se rail gaadi banao. Chalo jaldi karo."

The first years quickly did what were they told and came into the formation of a train.
Then a second yaar girl came forward and said, " Ha ab gol gol ghumo aur bolo 'choti mooch lambi daadhi, chukk chukk chalti rail gaadi'. Muh kya dekh rahe ho. Chalo ghumna shuru karo"

As soon as she finished, the first year's chorus ran through the entire canteen. Naina too silently followed the crowd and sang with them, pointedly ignoring a pair of eyes that seemed to follow her.15 minutes later, finally they were stopped, but the time for individual parade had started.

A boy was told to sing a Lata Mangeshkar classic, while another boy was told to name all his body parts in hindi, which became difficult when he reached his chest. Naina was watching all this half heartedly and wishing that her turn never comes. Also, she observed the group, and looked directly at the pair of eyes that were staring at her. When the second year noticed that she was looking at him, he just smirked at her and winked at her. Naina coloured deeply and immediately focused her gaze on the ground.

The other second years seemed to have noticed this and the second year girl, Dimple said,
"Chalo theek hai, ab woh wali ladki. Ha woh peeche wali, blue dress mein jo hai. Kya Naam hai tumhara."
Dimple pointed her finger at Naina.

Naina looked extremely scared and moved backwards. But as the others stared at her, waiting for her reaction, she shakily moved forward towards Dimple,
" Arey itna hil kyu rahi ho, thand lag Rahi hai kya. Kambal le aau" A girl exclaimed.

The other people burst out laughing and Naina felt tears forming at the corner of her eyes. Dimple noticed this and said,
"Rona band karo madam. Yahan Meena Kumari banne ka competition nahi ho raha hai. Chalo ab parade shuru karte hai, ya phir muhurat nikalwade Behenji"

The crowd tittered yet again and Naina cast a look towards them. Everyone was laughing, except the boy who was staring at her. He looked quiet apologetic.

Naina's fingers were trembling, but she still answered, "Mera naam Naina hai"

Dimple finally stopped laughing and looked at her,
"Chalo theek hai. Ab aage aao. Ha itna theek hai" She pointed towards the boy, who was staring at Naina and exclaimed,
"Yeh hai Prem. Humara dost hai. Aise mat dekho, maine sab dekha. Woh aankhon ka Nazrana, everything. Chalo ab thoda aage badhte hai. Naina, Prem Ko 'I love you' bolo. "

Naina looked horrified. How can she say ' I love you' to a random boy? She doesn't know him. What will everyone think if she says it? Most important, what will her Taiji say? Naina trembled at the mere thought of it. But if she doesn't say anything, then they might tell her to do something worse. But she can't... She won't..

"O madam pura din nahi hai. Ladke ka Dil mat todo yaar."

The crowd laughed yet again but soon a voice came,
"Chodd na Dimple. Use pareshaan mat kar. Naina tum jao" The guy, Prem said.
Naina cast him a grateful glance, but Dimple didn't looked too pleased.

"Aise kaise jaane de use, bolna toh padega hi. O Behenji jaldi bolo, pura din nahi hai humare paas."

Naina looked pleadingly at her said, "Main nahi bol Sakti. Please mujhe jaane dijiye"

At this, the first boy, Vicky came forward and moved towards her,
"Chalo theek hai. Main tumhe jaane doonga, Lekin ek kiss Lene ke Baad. Bahut cute ho yaar tum. Ek hi kiss ki toh baat hai"

The others laughed and watched excitedly. Vicky moved towards Naina, while tears were flowing down Naina's face. She quickly moved backwards. She kept enchanting the Hanuman Chalisa and kept repeating in her mind, "Bhagwan ji please aaj bacha lo, please Bach lo". She had not been so scared in her entire life. This can't happen. This can't happen. Naina looked everywhere for help, yet no one came.Vicky was just mere inches apart now. This can't happen. This should not happen...

"Band karo yeh sab"

All eyes turned at the door, only to see an extremely angry Sameer Maheshwari. His eyes were red from anger. He had clenched his knuckles so tightly that they were white. He was ready to murder anybody.

Vicky immediately took his steps back, seeing third year and college hero Sameer Maheshwari. The other second years too moved backwards, being well aware of Sameer's punches and damage caused due to them.

Sameer moved forward and took Naina's hand in his own,
"Ek baat kaan khol ke sun lo sab, agar kisi ne bhi Naina ki taraf aankh uthakar bhi dekha, to main uski Aankhen noch lunga. Dur raho iss ladki se, warna muh todd dunga ek-ek ka. Sameer Maheshwari ka gussa toh jaante hi honge saare"

Sameer held her hand even more tightly and cast her a protective look. He glared at Vicky and Dimple, while they gulped in fear. Sameer and Naina soon exited the canteen, while Naina's hand was still in his own. The "mere" handhold, sent tingles down their fragile heart, but they kept walking nonetheless.

P.S- Thank you very much for the warm wishes....