25.

—— what animal represent scotland?

the unicorn is the national animal of scotland. the royal coat of arms of scotland, used prior to 1603 by the kings of scotland was supported by two unicorns and the current royal coat of arms of the united kingdom is supported by a unicorn for scotland along with a lion for england. [wikipedia]

     scotland has as every other country flags, icons or cultural expressions that have the purpose of representing of a country. an example is england who has the lion as its national animal or "the stars and stripes" as unnited states' national flag.

scotland has it own fair share of national symbols, its flag "st. andrew's cross" dates, in legend, back to be ninth century, and haggis is seen as scotland's most recognisable and traditional food. but, far the most hilarious, and weirdly interesting, is its national animal. it is a unicorn.

cause.
the unicorn has been used as a representation for scotland. like the unicorn, scotland would fight to the very end to stay unconquered. as well, in celtic mythology, the very much mythical animal is a symbol of purity and innocence, masculinity and power.

history.
the mythical creature that is the unicorn has been used as a symbol for scotland for a very long time. looking back in history the first time the creature was used by william i, in the twelfth century, on the scottish royal coat of arms. gold coins with the print of a unicorn even appeared in the fifteenth century (visitscotland).

—— references.
"national symbols of scotland - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia", wikipedia.

"scotland's national animal - the unicorn | visitscotland", visitscotland.

—— publication history.
16.08.2016 (originally published)

—— screenshot.