Chapter 31: When All Else Fails Do Cheer Practice....

Start from the beginning

I thanked the moment when Caroline called out that we were finished and I collapsed to the floor.

"You going Violet?" Elena called over to me as everyone packed up their stuff.

"No, I think I'm just gonna lay here and die." I sighed "Just leave me be."

I heard them laugh at me and say bye. It went quiet after everyone left. Probably because all of them were in lessons now.

I relaxed onto the cool grass and closed my eyes, hoping that my cheer uniform hadn't ridden up when I lay down.

The main thing on my mind right now was which colour I should dye my hair. I was tempted towards blue but I think I only have one pack of that left so I would need some more.

To be honest, the sooner I dye it the better. I think pink will be the easiest because I had like 5 packs of that.

"You look like you're thinking hard."

My heart practically jumped out of my chest when Kol spoke. I didn't even hear him appear.

"Seriously? Can I not get one day alone?" I muttered, not moving from my position. I expected Kol to stay standing but oh no, he had to go lay down next to me.

"No, not really." He replied. I turned my face to look at him to find him doing the same.

I had those deep brown eyes staring right into me... God why did it have to be him that I fell in love with all that time ago.

It could have been a doctor or a policeman but no, it had to be an emotionally unstable vampire who loves too much.

"What are you thinking about?"

"All the ways I could rip your skin off." I smiled sarcastically, I turned my head back to the side so it wasn't facing him anymore but I could still feel his eyes burning into me.

"What are you thinking about?" He repeated, ignoring my last comment.

"Why don't you just compel me to tell you?" I sneered and he sighed deeply.

Why couldn't he just leave me alone?

"I did that to help you, not me."

"Oh really? So completely taking away my freedom is my choice?" I turned back to him with a disapproving look.

"You would have ended up getting killed. You already staked Klaus and broke Elijah's neck." Kol began and I had an annoying feeling that he was right "Who knows what you would have done next."

"How is Klaus?" My thoughts suddenly dawning on me when his name was mentioned. I wonder how long I had to leave town before he killed me...

"He's fine. I mean, yes, he was very pissed but like you said," He looked me in the eye again "You done it to protect us."

I laughed a bit "Yea, and look where that's got me."

"You're still alive." Kol shrugged.

"But I'm miserable." I muttered, looking back up to the blue sky. A breeze had picked up around us and since I was only in a short skirt and crop top thing, I let out a little shudder.

"So leave with me." Kol sat up abruptly, holding his hand out for me to take.

"Where are you gonna go?" I asked and he nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders again. The wind whipped around us even more and Kol's hair started to dance around.

My eyes flickered to his hand but I didn't take it as I pulled myself up.

"Let's just get one thing straight Kol. Just because I have my emotions back doesn't mean I'm going to be back with you when you snap your fingers. It hurt seeing Valentina come out of your bathroom and it still hurts now. Just leave me alone to think, ok?"