Partners in Crime (S.M/P.P.) - Part One

This is set for both reader and Parker at age 23 and starting off with jobs but also fighting crime on the side. Let me know what you think.

Warning: Language

Taking in a deep breath, I strut down the busy sidewalks of New York City. The air felt amazing against my exposed skin. It was the perfect weather to wear my silk black business dress for my first day on the job at the Daily Bugle. It's been a dream of mine to work with J. Jonah Jameson on his tabloid newspaper for the past year after my incident in Doctor Conners class.

It was after hours at the college and that's when most people are home, giving me the chance to start my work with peace and quiet as my company. I needed all the relaxation I could get to beat Parker with this botany project, but relaxation wasn't what I ended up with. Instead, I ended up with superpowers of agility, healing, and outstanding strength. To this day I am still unable to pinpoint exactly how the plants DNA morphed with my own, but I've learned to stop questioning my new abilities and just except them and use it for good. I've even made an ally; Spider-Man.

He is a real catch if I say so myself. He doesn't know my alter-ego, nor am I aware of his, but he helped me adjust into the hero business without question. I quickly gave up on science to follow through with writing as my mother had within a week of discovering my powers. Something about my new lifestyle changed the path I had set for myself. Besides, I no longer had to see Peter Parker every day or try to outshine him and I was thankful for that. I've loathed him since middle school when he would always one-up me. No matter how hard I worked I would always be in Parker's shadow. But no more. I have a job that I can now strive to be my best without the annoying presence of the brown haired boy.

Entering my new workplace, I take the elevator to the fifteenth floor as instructed. During the ride up, I could feel the mantic shaking of the machine along with a few squeaks that made me uneasy. This thing needs to be fixed before someone gets killed. Luckily, the elevator doors slid open with a ding and I continue my trek to Mr. Jameson's office so he can show me the ropes of what he wants from me on my first day on the job.

"Who are you?" Mr. Jameson shouted once I stepped inside after Betty Brant opened the large door for me to enter.

I almost jumped from the sharpness in his tone, "(Y/F/N), sir. You hired me a few days ago."

"Right," he nodded taking out a cigar and lighting it. His voice had lowered an octave, but it still held the same amount of roughness as when he first spoke. "Then get to work."

"I was under the impression you were going to give me my first report," I explained unsure if I should have said anything and just left. The man definitely intimidated me with his voice alone. The rugged look he endured was a bonus.

He pulled the cigar out from between his teeth and stared me down with a questioning look, "I don't remember-"

"Here Mr. Jameson," a male voice interrupted. Turning around, I came face-to-face with none other than Peter fucking Parker. "I got those photos of Spider-Man you requested."

Spider-Man? Photos? How could I not see this coming? Of course, Parker would be here to ruin my life once again. Hasn't he taken enough from me?

I stared him down as he made his way over to Jonah and dropped his photos on his desks. Jonah picked them up, putting his cigar back between his teeth as he went through them. Once again I am overshadowed by this jerk. Mr. Jameson and I were in the middle of something, whether it be that I'm fired for talking back or getting instructions for my first job report.

I look down at my shiny black heels, finding them far more interesting than what was happening in front of me. If Parker works here, then maybe I should consider searching for another job. The Daily Bugle is the best newspaper in the city to work for, but with Parker here I might as well be the janitor for them because I won't be going anywhere with him around to steal my spotlight.

"(Y/N), come here," Mr. Jameson motioned for me. I approached his desk as instructed and stood next to the champion of being the biggest pain in my ass. "You want a job, you can work with Parker on this menace. I want all the details on illegal acts of destroying our city."

"With all due respect sir," I said trying to hold my shock and anger at bay. "Parker and I aren't exactly compatible to work together and my views on Spider-Man are all positive. He saves this city, not destroys it."

"That wall-crawler couldn't save a kitten from a tree!" he shot back angrily. Betty Brant then peaked inside to inform Jonah to watch his temper and he rolled his eyes taking a deep breath before continuing, "You and Parker seem to have the same idiotic views on this Spider-Man. You seem compatible enough to me. So get to work!"

Bottling up my anger, I held my tongue and looked over at the boy I was now partners with. His eyes were already on mine and I detected a mixture of fear and unsureness. I didn't try to hide my emotions so he could know exactly how I felt about him. Turning on my heels I exited the room and could hear Parker following close behind me.

"(Y/N), wait up," he called out to me. I halted and turned to face him, waiting for him to say what he needed to say so I could find my desk and get started on my work. I was going to have to step my game up even more than I already planned to with him here. "We have to discuss this."

"We have nothing to discuss," I retaliated with squinted eyes. "Just because we have a mutual opinion on Spider-Man, doesn't mean we are friends. And just to be clear, you and I will never be friends. Now, you just focus on snapping the pictures and I'll write about them."

Snatching the photos out from his hand, I looked them over while searching for my office area. All the pictures he captured had Spider-Man in them, but no sight of Rosalia. Great. He is even overshadowing my alter-ego with Spider-Man. Not that I cared to be in the newspaper.

When I first started out, it was only me doing a few tricks here and there and practicing on top of a secluded roof. At least, I thought it would be secluded until Spider-Man swung in finding me fighting the air in a costume. That roof has been our spot ever since and it sounds like the perfect place to go to after work today.