thirty eight

Peter's POV

I didn't know how to feel. Of course I was upset, but also a wave of anger washed over me. I wanted Chaz gone.

Steve sensed my anger and blocked me from getting to Chaz.

"Hey, kid. See her eyes? They're dark black. She's being brainwashed. I know because of Bucky. She isn't being herself," he explained.

"What?" I asked.

"Someone, probably from Hydra, is controlling her. You know she would never kill (Y/n). She's a a part of the X-Men, and they're good people," Steve explained. I could tell that he was just talking so he wouldn't break down over the death of (Y/n).

Tony was busy fighting Chaz and didn't even know about (Y/n) yet. He treated her like a daughter. Tony eventually knocked out Chaz and ran over to us.

"Am I too late?" Tony asked, panicking.

"This is no one's fault," Steve said, letting tears fall. Tony fell to his knees next to (Y/n) and looked at her.

She had cuts on her face and her nose was bleeding. Her skin was pale, and she looked so peaceful and beautiful. 

"Is there anything we can do?" Tony asked, his voice cracking. 

I knelt down next to her and checked her pulse.

Nothing. I shook my head and the tears fell.

What am I supposed to do now?

Epilogue, Third Person's POV

After the death of (Y/n), the Avengers tower was quiet. Everyone was in mourning; especially Peter and Bucky. 

They all missed (Y/n)'s joyful laughter and her jokes. 

Crime still happened, of course, but the motivation in the Avengers lacked. 

Peter was extremely depressed for two years, before finally finding closure. 

He visited her grave every day, and vowed to find Chaz and kill her. 

Speaking of Chaz, she woke up and escaped. No one knows where she is; not even the X-Men. It turns out, she was brain washed by Hydra, and couldn't live with herself because of what she did, so she fled. 

Norman is still out there. Peter vowed to find him, too.

Tony and Steve are back to their old ways. The team is back together. They knew that (Y/n) would want them to do that. 

They'll miss her for eternity.