☆ Unexpected ☆

2-D's POV

Noodle.

That was the only word she said in English. Nothing more, nothing less.

The small girl who'd just jumped out of a Fed-ex crate, played a smashing guitar solo, babbled in some other language, the yelled the word 'noodle' out of the blue now stood before us, gazing up at myself, Murdoc and Russel with an excited twinkle in her eyes and a cautious smile on her face.

She was still tightly clutching the guitar she'd been playing, holding it in the same way you'd see other little girls on the streets clutching dolls and teddy bears.

"So... is she here about joining the band, or did we acidentally get sent a kidnapped child?" Russel wondered out loud, half talking to himself.
"She could be from some kinda music school and 'er parents sent 'er..?" I suggested, as clueless as Russel.

"Who cares?" Murdoc grinned, "did you hear 'er on that guitar? She's perfect.." There was a glint in his eyes, and he wore the same look on his face as the one he had when I had demonstrated my singing and keyboard playing to him for the first time. You could almost feel the thick waves of greed and ambition radiating off of him as he spoke.

Russel bent down so he was closer to the girl.
"Can you understand me?"
She replied yet again in a foreign language.
"....Raise 1 finger for yes."
She lifted her index finger.
"Why are you here?"
The girl strummed a few chords on her guitar, smiling.
"Where did you come from? Did your parents send you, did you come from an orphanage or a music school, where did you-" he broke off when he saw the smile on her face bend into a confused frown.
"On a scale of 1 to 10 how well can you understand me?"
She hesitated for a moment, looking thoughtful, before holding up four fingers after a long pause.

"Well it's settled then" Murdoc interrupted, "She's with us now."
Her face lit up and she smiled, a big bright, heart warming smile.

"2-D, you can help her get settled into a room," Murdoc instructed.
"Why me?" I asked, not sarcastic, just curious.
"Because Russ' cookin' dinner, and I'm working," he replied, heading turning round and re-entering the studio, Russel not far behind him.

"Awright, I guess you're coming with me then," I looked down at her, trying my best to smile reassuringly. I closed my eyes, a habit I'd gotten into after my acident. The motion was, in my mind at least, I subtle way to tell others I didn't want them staring.

I made my way through Kong, the exited young girl bouncing at my heels, taking in every little detail of the journey. I stopped at a rather spacious room that was currently empty. We hadn't had any real purpose for it, but now it seemed perfect for housing the energetic little girl at my side.

"Yew stay 'ere, I'm gonna get ya some stuff ta put in 'ere, K?" She nodded, and I headed for a storage cuboard where I knew we kept spare supplies. Blankets and the such.

I took out two relatively clean fluffy blankets, as well as some abandoned sofa cushions that we'd found when we moved here, that could serve as a temporary mattress. I stacked them up, and returned to the room, where the girl was waiting patiently, cross-legged in the middle of the floor.

"These are only temporary, ok luv?" I lay out the temporary bed in one of the far corners, making sure it's fit for her to sleep on.

A sudden thought hit my head. "I'll be right back, ok luv?" I dashed outside to where the abandoned Fed-ex crate was still lying, disgaurded. Just as I had suspected, there were a few items left inside. Some of them were obvious, water and rations of some form.
However, also in the bottom of the crate lay an old pillow (of which had presumably been used as some form of protection against the hard wooden surface of the box), a strange helmet type object, and a long thin object that my blury eyes couldn't make out, no matter how hard I squinted at it.

I carried them back to the girl's room, making sure I didn't drop anything. As I set them down, I managed to get a proper look at the girl. A curious little face, jet black hair, spare a few bald patches, and a toothy smile.

Her outfit was strange, wearing what I could only think to call a weird mix between a dress and a skirt, and shorts. Russ would probably tell me the proper name for it later, he was smart like that.

"D? Can you bring the kid-" Russel began to call for me, only to be cut off by Murdoc yelling "OI FACEACHE GET OVER HERE WITH THE GIRL WILL YA?"

The girl seemed to get the message and hopped up, wandering around, trying to figure out where Murdoc had been screeching from. I got up and guided her to the sort-of-kitchen area, where Russel had half-assed some spaghetti for dinner. He said that he would've taken more time with it, but the kid needed feeding.

The girl examined her plate carefully, then squealed 'Noodle!', before looking up at us beaming, seemingly pleased with her english.

"We need to get her name," Russel concluded. "We can't just keep calling her girl or kid."
"Oi what's yer name luv?" I asked the now happily eating child beside me.
She looked thoughtful for a minute, before screwing up her face, concentrating. After a few seconds she shook her head sadly.

"You don't have a name kid?"
"Yew forgot ya name?"

She shook her head, then nodded, then shook it again.
We exchanged confused glances.
"Well we gotta call her something," Russel stated again, more insistent this time.
"Noodle," Murdoc said, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. Me and Russ exchanged confused glances. "The only word the kid's said in english so far is Noodle," He explained.
"Noodle! Noodle!" The girl chirped, seemingly only half following th conversation.
"What do yew think?" I asked her gently "can we call yew Noodle?"

She blinked, staring into my eyes, the edges of her lips beginning to curl into a smile.

"Noodle," She confirmed.