Chapter 1: Entry Point

Eve:

London city is never quiet. You can never find a carless road or an empty street, and King's Cross road is the worst of them all. Cars and buses line the streets, creating an impassable gridlock. Most of this came form the world famous train station, that would've been bad enough if it wasn't also in the center of London, taking the blunt of the morning and rush hour traffic.

We stepped out of King's Cross Station and out onto the busy pavement, it was no better than the road, lined with tourists peering through shop windows and Londoners shoving there way through the crowd, trying to get to wherever they were heading at a seemingly pointless rate. Anywhere else in the world someone would have looked twice at us, yet not in London. England was famous for it's lack of diversity, in areas like the North East, you can count on about ninety percent of the people being white and purely English.

London was different, it did have a large and diverse population, if your a Londoner, you get used to seeing all kinds of people from all corners of the world. For instance, my partner Dan was in a pinstripe suit, which looked like something out of an old fashioned gangster film, complete with fedora and a bag which looked perfect to hold a machine gun, along with his American accent, he looked and sounded like Al Capone. No more than a couple of sideways glances.

Then theres my other partner, John, was just wearing an average business suit, no one would have thought he was different, well, atleast form the neck down. He had bright white hair, completely natural,and two different colored eyes. One bright green, another brown. Apparently it's a birth defect but I know he just looks like that for the fun of it.

And then there's me. I'm probably the closest to normal in looks. Straight jet black shoulder length hair and ice blue eyes. But them I'm wearing a pitch black trench coat in the height of summer, that bought me a couple of sideways glances. I flexed my knuckles nervously as we battled our way down the street. I could see out of the corner of my eye as John drummed his fingers against his side. Dan noticed my nervous expression and flashed me a smile, I tried to return it but it was more of a grimace.

"You all right Eve?" John almost had to shout to be heard over the noise emitted from the people all around us, mixed in with angry car horns blazing, even if you screamed no one but the person directly next to you would hear.

"Yeah" I replied, my mind elsewhere. We passed by the queens bank and we all looked up at it. It was an old building, probably eighteenth century, with columns supporting a stone roof which hung over the entrance. It looked far too glamorous compared to it's setting, boxed in by tacky souvenir shops and cheap clothes and jewellery stores.

Despite it's appearance, it held a relatively small amount compared to other banks in the area, a total wealth of about one and a half million pounds. We left the bank behind and though it was out of sight, I knew we all had it's picture in our heads.

Next to the bank was a small side alley and I nodded at John as we stopped in front of it. He swivelled around checking no one was watching, of course no one would be, then gave me a nod as we ducked into the alley which was only about metre wide, crammed between the bank and a jewellery store which tried to look fancy but only succeeded in looking tacky.

We walked down the alleyway, all of us scanning the walls for security cameras or anything that would give us away. A rat scuttled across the path infront of us and almost got itself shot by John, He was about to pull the trigger when I grabbed the gun and showed him that it was just a rat, he put down the gun, and the rat scuttled back unharmed to its home behind a group of bins. 

It was nothing, but all of us were on edge after that. We reached an electric fence, almost at the turnoff to the back of the bank. The fence was labelled to be charged with eight thousand volts. Enough to kill a human more than four times over, this was illustrated by the image of a small man being struck by lightning. Friendly. Dan and John backed away nervously and I smiled back at them as I reached out and grabbed the fence.