05. 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘀

Start from the beginning

"Kid, it's about time you showed up," Strange creates a portal as Ebony mentally forces razor-sharp concrete in their direction.

Wong creates the end of that portal, aiming all of Ebony's weapons in his direction; however, the mentalist raises a car to block the hits but grunts as one of them hits the side of his head.

"What in the world is that thing?" Eszter exclaims. A look of disgust as she eyes the creature in front of her.

"He must be with Thanos, Child of Thanos, as Banner claimed."

Eszter instantly felt the blood drain from her face as she quickly glances at the warlock. The fear began to rise as she blinks rapidly.

Had she heard him right? She must've.

Eszter wasn't ready to face her nightmare. The enhanced trained with her powers and keeping her emotions sharp, but Eszter didn't feel ready to face the man who's trying to manipulate her into thinking she's meant for great things--like creating destruction upon millions of planets.

"Wait, you mean Thanos is here? The--The one--"

"Yes," Ebony angrily opens the fire hydrant near Wong; water began spilling out as the strong pressure knocks the second warlock back. "We don't have time to talk about this, Eszter. That guy, Ebony Maw, he's trying to take the Stone, okay? We need to prevent that as much as we can."

Out of instinct, Eszter dodges Wong's flying body as she gasps, cursing loudly as she turns back towards the creature with a glare. The thing was absolutely hideous. That's all Eszter could think of, but also, there's this voice in her head telling her to run.

If Ebony is part of the Children of Thanos, that only means the Great Titan himself is here. He's coming. Not even; he's already here. She can't escape him now. Their destinies are written by the hands of the Mad Titan, and there's nothing they can do to stop him. It's too late.

"Eszter, Eszter! I need you to stay with me, kid," Strange protects the frozen girl when Ebony sends a flying car in their direction. That's when he notices the teen.

"Ah," Eszter suddenly tunes in at the sound of his voice; it sent chills down her spine as she and Ebony make eye contact. "If it isn't the Destroyer of Worlds. It'll always be a pleasure of meeting you, Miss Eszter."

"Don't call me that," Eszter seethes, taking a step forward as she stands beside her new friend, glaring at the alien. "How the hell do you know my name?"

"I'm familiar with who and what you are, Dusk," Ebony takes a step forward, which alarmed Strange more as he places his right leg forward, narrowing his eyes challengingly. "You are quite magnificent, child. These gifts you possess, you waste it on these humans."

"Considering I'm human, I wouldn't say I'm wasting it."

"Thanos chose wisely," Ebony dips further into the kettle, finding it amusing to watch the teen become intimidated. "Your destiny is here, Destroyer."

Eszter yanks her hand to the side as a nearby car flings in his direction with an angry shout, but the mentalist easily stops it mid-air.

"You're not the only one who can manipulate objects, child," Ebony softly motions his hand forward just for the car to be thrown in their direction.

His mental abilities were strong, but Eszter believes she can manage.

Just as Strange was about to take it from there, the enhanced warps the violet tendrils around the vehicle, flinging it aside and away from them. Grunting, the girl was taken aback when Strange took his turn, and a golden rope was thrown forward, wrapping around Ebony's torso as he grasps onto the magical rope. Strange yanks him back.