Welcome Back

Ronia awoke to a loud 'thud' echoing through her room. It was then that she noticed in her fitful slumber, she had rolled right off the bed. Sighing, she rubbed her temples as she tried to ease the tension from her body. Newsflash, it wasn't working. She felt like someone tried to play cat's cradle with her nerves. Ronia was unsure as to what caused her sister to faint, but whatever it was Ronia didn't like it.

Ronia hadn't paid much attention to anything else after disaster struck at the restaurant. To be perfectly honest, it was a welcomed distraction. That Killua kid and Aisha didn't seem to get along. Ronia didn't like the Zoldyck, but Leorio trusted him so she kept her mouth shut and her temper mostly under control. The way Killua stared at her sister was such disgust made her want to shove his head into the plate of food in front of him. She didn't, not that she could've if she wanted to. Ronia valued her life.

After Aisha took an unexpected dive into the unknown land on her plate, Ronia thought it best to take the girl home. The older female hoped it was just fatigue, but Aisha had been getting plenty of sleep lately. At least, that's what she assumed. Though, she had heard the boys talking about feeling a strange presence in the room. The female didn't know much about Nen; it wasn't a huge concern at the moment. She did know that it wasn't something she wanted to mess around with.

There was one thing he noticed before she bid Leorio goodbye along with his friends, Killua had been acting strange. He had a blank, dead look on his face. His eyes were glassy. He even seemed to be a shade paler, which Ronia wondered how that was possible considering he was as white as a snowman that hadn't seen the sun in weeks. Though, the female hadn't paid much attention to him as she held her sister in her arms.

Deciding some tea might help get her back to sleep, she stood up from the floor. Her joints mimicked the sound of fireworks as she stood up. The female stumbled down the hall in the dark, wondering why it felt so cool in the house. Normally, she preferred it to be warmer and with winter setting in, she kept the thermostat cranked up. She hobbled past Faye's makeshift room, pausing for a moment. Should she check on her younger sister? The part of her brain controlled by her motherly instincts told her she should. What harm could it do? Just a little peek inside and she'd be done.

Ronia cracked the door open slightly, pocking her head inside to see if her younger sibling was still sleeping peacefully as per usual. Her eye's widened to the size of planets and she all but kicked the door open and off its hinges.

The bed was empty and the window was wide open.

It looked like a scene from a thriller, except there was no corpse...yet. The white curtains fluttered like ghosts as they were blow by the wind. No wonder it was cold enough to freeze a turkey in here...that meant that the window had been open for some time. Ronia went into full blown panic mode. Her younger sister was gone. Her baby sister as gone, again. What was she supposed to do?

Darting off down the hall, pausing only when she slammed into the wall at the end, she snatched her phone from where it lay on the counter, hurriedly attempting to dial Leorio's number.

"Pick up...pick up...Hello? Yes, I'm sorry, Leorio. You know I wouldn't bother you unless it was urgent..." Ronia instantly started babbling as soon as Leorio said hello.

"Ro? What's wrong? What happened?"

"It's Aisha, Leorio. She's gone! I woke up and she had just disappeared form her bed. I don't know what happened. The window's open, but other than that there's no trace of her. Even the bed was left undisturbed..."

"..."

"Leorio?"

"Killua went missing earlier this morning. We haven't found him yet..."