Day 2

I spent the rest of my day staring at my seven PC screens in my gaming room.

  The uncle who helped me moved in my gaming equipment had been really careful about it, and I was thankful for it. The last time we moved in our previous house, one of the movers had broken my game console. I was so furious that I sent a complaint email to the company and went down personally to demand a compensation. They did, but not after I threatened to terrorize everyone who walks into the lobby.

  When it was finally dinnertime, I went downstairs with my smartphone switched on. There wasn't any missed calls or unread messages, since I had very few friends back in my last school. I didn't dare to make any friends for fear that they found out about my otaku hobbies, so I spent my free time reading books.

  "What game are you playing now?" Mom was stirring the soup in the kitchen, and when she heard me come down she stopped to cover the pot.

  I sat down heavily on the sofa. "Hmm, Angels From Heaven. It's about five pretty girls who had fallen down from heaven to earth to understand human feelings, and my main character is supposed to teach them..."

  Mom made a sound to imply that she understood me, before setting out the dining table. With my eyes still glued to my phone screen, I moved to the table and settled down.

  "Ahh, tempura huh. Is it all mine?" In response, my stomach growled as the smell filled my nostrils.

  Mom clicked her tongue, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her wagging her finger at me. "None for you, unless you put down your phone." I did what she said, and after clapping my hands as if in a prayer, I began eating. I didn't know I was that hungry until that moment, and I wasn't going to let anything stop me from clearing my food portion clean.

  Dinner ended in comforting slience, and after washing my dishes, I went back to my gaming room to continue my progress. Just then, I recalled taking away Glasses Gamer's PFP, and I took it out to study it. It was not only protected by a cover and screen protector, but the condition of the PFP was the best I've ever seen. I was still gaping at it when there was a knock on the door.

  "Kae-chan! You have visitors." When I didn't respond, the door opened.

  "Mom! I'm busy here. Send them off." I was still in awe when the PFP was snatched out of my hands. "Hey!"

  "This is mine." I turned around to see Glasses Gamer holding his PFP, and a girl behind him, cowering timidly.

  I shot up from my seat in anger. "Glasses Gamer! You broke my PFP, so that is mine now! Give it back!"

  "You should do that, Kami-nii-sama...After all, you did broke her PFP, so..." The girl shut up immediately when he gave her a sideway glance.

  He pushed up his glasses, which pissed me off somehow. "Technically, I didn't break your PFP. You fell and sat on it, so you'll have to blame yourself for being too heavy."

  I caught my gasp before it escaped from my lips. Did he just say that I am overweight? Even if I was weird and acted like no other girls, I still hated hearing most things a normal girl would hate. I gritted my teeth hard and resisted the urge to break his glasses and nose.

  "I'm just right for my height, you idiot!" I blurted out, fuming.

  "You are the idiot one—this is the first time I've ever witness someone breaking their own PFP with their butt." Right on the spot, Glasses Gamer started playing his galge as if I was invisible to him.

  My hands clutched tightly, and before I knew it my fist was moving towards him. I didn't know what happened next, but there was slience, and when I finally snapped back to reality, I realised that I had done something bad.

  Really, really, bad.