Chapter 6 - Comfort

Simon's POV:

I followed Josh through the halls and into the boys toilets. When I got in there I couldn't see him but I could hear faint sobs coming from one of the cubicles.

I gently knocked on the door.
"Josh come out please they're just dickheads don't listen to them"
When no reply came from inside I simply sat against the door listening to his quiet cries.

"Josh please let me in" I say softly

"They're right" came quietly around a minute later
"What do you mean?" I immediately replied
"You're popular and I'm a loser, you shouldn't be here comforting me you should be with your friends"
"I am with friend" I replied

The door opened a touch and he looked out at me through the crack.

"I meant someone who you actually like" he said
"I do like you, you're a very likeable person" I said smiling at him
"No I'm not, if I was so likeable everyone wouldn't hate me" he said the tears returning to his eyes

"Josh I don't hate you and anyone that does is an idiot cause you're an amazing person. You don't deserve to have people say the things that arsehole said about you"

"Thought he was your friend, why would you call him an arsehole?"
"I'm not really friends with everyone I sit with" I say "Just 5 of them the rest are such pricks" I continue "and I'm really sorry about them but I promise I will always stick up for you"

Josh's POV:

Awww my heart. Simon truly was such a good person. He'd known me for all of a day if that and he was already being kinder to me than anyone at this school ever had.

"No one should have to put up with the shit you do" he finishes
"It's fine it doesn't usually get to me like this, sorry you had to see it" I apologise
"It's fine, everyone has emotions, you shouldn't have to keep them bottled up" he says
"I suppose it all kinda builds up occasionally especially since I've been worrying about the debate with Jared and Alex" I admit. Since when did I easily open up with people.

"Don't worry" he said and wiped the singular tear that was still on my cheek "We're gonna destroy them and any of they're shitty points, because there never has been and there never will be anything wrong with being who you truly are"

Simon's POV:

I'm such a hypocrite I can tell Josh that but am still not prepared to do it myself. Ugh why am I like this?