"This guy is her ex-boyfriend." Michael stated, "Elliot Fall. He is the cliché type of guy, you know. Ex-football player who also made it big in the company life, well not as big as you considering you're an CEO but big enough for someone who you'd assume would not make it far in life."

"Are you kidding me? Guys like that always make it big since they have the connections."

Michael shrugged, his cousin clearly disagreed but they left it at that.

"There are tons of pictures together of them on Elliot's page but when you look at Miss Scarlett's page you see none of that. She most likely deleted all of them, what's even more interesting is that she also no longer posts anything on her page when I assume some point of her life she was just as active on it as him."

"Bad blood?" Lucian asked.

Michael nodded, "That's what I thought so I might have done something I cannot admit out loud to ensure neither one of us get in trouble but let's say I somehow got my hands on her private messages-"

Lucian smirked, that's why he asked his cousin for help but it was saver to pretend nothing illegal happened at all. It was definitely better for both of their sakes.

Michael clicked through Scarlett's private messages he obtained. As he read the messages she received from Elliot he had to clench his fists in order to keep his anger in. Elliot was one mean asshole who didn't deserve to be called her ex-boyfriend.

"He's threatening her?" He asked, asking for clarification of his cousin since he couldn't think straight when his blood was boiling with anger.

Michael sighed, "It looks like it. You said that she was frightened when she saw this guy at her apartment building?" He asked.

Lucian nodded, not being able to speak because he needed to compose himself. He needed to get rid of the anger, he wasn't supposed to know about this part of her life. He promised Scarlett he'd wait for her, letting her decide when it was time to talk about it.

If he showed any sign of knowing about her dark past there would be no trust between them. He couldn't protect her from that asshole when she'd no longer turn to him. He needed to pretend not knowing a thing.

That would be fucking hard to do when all he wanted to do was track this guy down and make perfectly clear that he needed to stay the fuck away from Scarlett.

"Do you think Scarlett would be so frightened of him if his threats were empty?" Michael asked, "Because I think that Elliot Fall might just have hurt her. My theory is that she ran away from this guy, turned to Lara who was her best friend in high school and found a sweet job to pay the rent for an upscale apartment which provided excellent security."

"You might be right about that." Lucian exhaled deeply and met the gaze of his cousin.

"You good?" Michael asked.

"I'm good." He clarified, "You need to get rid of this, this never happened. When the time is right Scarlett will come to me. Only then we can make a move."

Michael deleted the files and took his flash drive back. His cousin didn't seem happy about his decision but they both knew it was what would keep Scarlett safe right now. If she decided to run away again because her trust was broken, they couldn't do anything at all.

"I hate it." Michael admitted, "But she's safe for now. If he makes his move at her building the staff will call the cops on that guy. His sweet career will be over then."

"In the meantime I'll make sure to stay close to her."

Michael got to his feet and straightened his clothes, "Let me know if you need help. Anything to keep this fucking jerk away from her."