Helping a Lady Out

Disclaimer: I only own the plot and the few OCs that may appear in this fic!

A/N: italics mean Russian

The next few days were filled with vigorous training. Both Viktor and Yura knew that the young woman wouldn't be staying in Russia for long, so they had to train as hard as they can. 

Yura quickly fell into the routine of things. Wake up at seven, clean herself up, go down to have breakfast at the hotel, then train at the rink with Viktor until lunch, where she would have it with Yuri, Viktor and the other skaters at nice little cafes or the food court at the rink before continuing to train til dinner. She would usually have dinner with the same people she had lunch with. Then, she and Viktor would practice some more before they retired for the night, and started the whole thing the next day. 

Mila and Georgi would usually share gossip with her, which made her think about when she, her sister and Yuuko used to have sleepovers together, and the three would share gossip from their years and giggle at their absurdity. 

There were times when the two Russians would whisper in their native language. Yura didn't understand what they were saying, but sometimes managed to catch her, Yuri or Viktor's names in their conversations. She didn't bother asking what they were saying, since she once tried and they only offered the young woman secretive smiles and giggles in return. She would have tried to ask Yuri or Viktor, but she wouldn't be able to repeat what Mila or Gerogi said, so she just left it at that. 

While at Russia, she also got the chance to meet Lilia Baranovskaya, world-renowned ballerina that had a hard gaze and swan-like grace, even when she was just flipping though a book. She sort of reminded the young woman of Minako, except that she was much, much stricter.  When the Japanese woman wasn't ice skating with Viktor, she would sometimes be training at Lilia's studio, stretching her muscles to the max. Although it did ache, it did feel nice and she was a bit proud of how much more flexible she was before.

The ice rink she was at was usually opened to the public after one in the afternoon during weekdays, and whole day on weekends, so they had to make use of the time before the public arrived to practice as many complex moves as she can. 

"Alright, Yura, Viktor, you two can take a break now. Go grab some water." Yakov called out before he walked away to talk to one of the other skaters about her technique. Yura sighed tiredly as she skated out of the ring and walked to the stands to grab her water bottle and towel. She took her water bottle and downed around half of it before putting it down and wiping her mouth with her towel.

"Hey, you were really great out there!" Yura turned around and saw one of the public skaters walking towards her. 

"Um, excuse me?" She asked in English. The boy's eyes widened before scratching his neck.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't know that you didn't speak Russian." He replied apologetically. Yura flashed him a smile. 

"That's alright. Um, if you don't mind me asking, why did you come up and talk to me?" The boy flushed and shoved his hands inside the pockets of his jacket. 

"U-uh, well, you see, um, my name is Adrian, and I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me sometime?" At that, Yura's cheeks heated up. 

"Oh, we-well, I'm kinda not really interested in seeing anyone right now, so, uh, sorry." Yura stammered out, trying to let down the boy as gently as he can. When she said that, the boy's demeanour seemed to change.

"Hey, you didn't even give me a chance to tell you more about myself, and you're already rejecting me?" Yura blinked in confusion, any shyness from before disappearing.

"I'm sorry?"

"I don't know how your country works, but you should be thankful that someone like me asked you out on a date. Do you know I have hundreds of girls fighting for my attention?" he boasted, crossing his arms. "You should at least know it's common respect to say yes if a guy asks you out on a date."

Yura frowned. "I'm sorry sir, but I already told you that I'm not interested in-"

 "What's going on here?" a familiar voice growled out behind her. Yura turned around and squeaked at how tall and furious Yuri seemed to look. She hadn't seen that look on his face since the day someone taped a 'Kick Me!' sign on her back when they were at the same school. On Yuri's side was Viktor, who despite smiling, seemed to be emitting a dangerous aura. Georgi and Mila walked over and shielded Yura from the rude boy. 

"I-it's none of your business," the boy tried to stand taller, but he was still an inch or two shorter than Yuri, who looked like he was on the verge of ripping his head off. 

"Yura, what happened?" Mila nudged her, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulders. 

"Um, he- I- I rejected his offer on taking me out on a date, and when I said no, he was still bugging me." Yura mumbled, looking down at her feet and shuffling them. Why did she always seem to a magnet for trouble? From the bullies that used to make fun of her, to this very moment. She didn't really want to be the source of the others' problems

"I asked her nicely, and this cu-" He was cut off by Yuri gripping the collar of his shirt, glaring with such intensity that Yura was sure the man would be dead if looks could kill.

"I dare you to continue that sentence, you bastard." He hissed out through clenched teeth. Viktor's tight-lipped smile seemed to have vanished as well, replaced by a disapproving and furious sneer that marred his handsome features. 

"The lady told you that she wasn't interested, so I think that you should respect her wishes." The silver haired man growled, crossing his arms. 

"Have you ever heard of basic human decency, sir?" Mila snapped, hugging Yura closer.

"With those clothes and those brows, I doubt it." Georgi replied, making the two girls giggle.

"Anyway, if I ever see you harassing her or anyone here again, you will regret it." Yuri snarled and let go of the man's shirt. "Now apologize to her."

The man shakily smoothed his shirt down and mumbled an apology before rushing away. The blonde skater grumbled something in Russian before he turned to face Yura and his glare softened into concern.

"Are you alright?" "Did he hurt you?" Viktor and Yuri asked at the same time before flashing twin glares at each other.

"I'm fine, just a bit shaken up. Thanks for helping me, though, that was really sweet of you guys." She offered them a sweet smile, which cause Viktor and Yuri to flush a bit. 

"It's alright, Yura, you're our friend, and take it from a fellow girl, guys like that are so annoying and rude. I'm just glad we made it before he could physically hurt you." Mila said, mirroring her smile with a cheeky one. "Anyway, I think we should try that new Vietnamese restaurant a couple blocks down later! I hear their noodles are amazing."

The others nod in agreement as Yakov called them back to practice. As they walked back, Yura couldn't help but feel grateful that they managed to intervene before things could go downhill. 

oof there is the next chapter! Okay so it's been forever since ive updated any of my stories here and im terribly sorry!! ive been busy with school and other projects ive been working on, speaking of which, i now have an ao3 account!  feel free to check it out if youre in the hp, d:bh or camp camp fandom! i also have original works uploaded there as well, so feel free to read them while youre on there! my username is flamerose (yes i have no creativity whatsoever.)

well that's it for now, and i'll see you in the next chapter, ciao!

Xoxo Rose