Chapter 44: An Unforgettable Exit and O.W.L's

Start from the beginning

But the thing about them was they weren't conventionally going out, instead they all seemed to be growing bigger, much like the crowd around Hermione and her friends. Within minutes, professors and then Umbridge and Filch had also joined the crowd. Some of the professors looked with amazement at what they were seeing, while others were trying to push everyone back into the Great Hall like there was nothing to see.

"Somebody stop those - those - those things!" Umbridge screamed from her spot on the steps. Within seconds Filch was scurrying through the crowd to get to a broom closet. To everyone's surprise he simply pulled out a broom and started to swat the fireworks. He jumped and ducked at the fireworks trying to swat them away, as if he thought that they would disappear like that.

Umbridge was using her wand and sending spells flying throughout the hall, in her effort to diffuse the situation. But no matter the amount of times she yelled for assistance, or the spells she sent flying, or the broom swats that Filch was attempting to do, everyone was laughing and in awe of the scene before them. Peeves came swooping into the room laughing maniacally unlike what anyone else had seen. Soon there was a pair of red headed boys also flying in the room.

The Weasley twins. An uproar of cheers from the students erupted as soon as they were seen.

When they arrived, Umbridge let out a loud scream and began to aim her spells at Fred and George

When they arrived, Umbridge let out a loud scream and began to aim her spells at Fred and George. The twins were flying around the room, dropping more fireworks, and then Fred flew right past Hermione, and although it was for a split second in real time, to Hermione it was hours as she saw his smile brighten more as they made eye contact and he winked mischievously to her. 

Fred flew back up near the ceiling to George and Peeves, "Give her hell for us Peeves!" They yelled simultaneously and George let go of another firework. This one was bigger and unlike anything anyone else had seen that morning. It erupted into a fiery dragon that was ten times the size of any of the other dragons, and it headed straight for Umbridge. 

The pink toad like woman shrieked with fear as she ran down the steps and out down another hall as fast as she could

The pink toad like woman shrieked with fear as she ran down the steps and out down another hall as fast as she could. But the dragon continued to chase after her, and it was too fast for her to out run. As it caught up with it, the dragon opened its mouth and as it swallowed her it exploded into a fiery shower.