The Boy With The Green Guitar

-We were asked to write a fairytale for English class, and I thought, eh, it's the first story I've written for a while, so I'll put it on Wattpad. Hope you like it (: -

Once upon a time, there was a princess named Magenta, and her evil stepmother kept her locked in the basement with only a few pieces of stale bread a day, and gave her many jobs to do. But even though she was treated badly, she was very happy and dreamed of a better life. And most of all, she desperately wanted to meet the boy who plays that gorgeous green guitar every afternoon until his mother would ask him to come inside for dinner.

One day, her stepmother had an important meeting in the village. Magenta was given a large amount of jobs, and some were very tiring. But she made sure to do them all with time to spare. She opened the front door, and almost cried with happiness.

The sun danced on her skin, and breathing in the fresh air made her feel more free than she had in years. But she had to go see him.  She couldn’t wait another moment. She ran to the back of the mansion, and finally saw the hut where she’d seen the woman’s head emerge through the corner, asking the boy to go inside.

She stopped for a moment, and looked at the sun for time. He should be out any second.

She hid in a corner where the mansion provided shade, and there he was.

He walked out into the light with his green guitar and signature black pick. She was just about to walk over, but he sat on the dry ground and started to play a slow, romantic song.

It was one of the most beautiful things she'd ever heard, and she wanted to listen to him forever, but suddenly, she heard her stepmother calling.

'MAGENTA!'