Chapter 6 - Zora's Domain

Summary: Link continues with life as he hopes Dr. Purah will uncover the secrets to the Temple of Time. He makes another visit to Zora's Domain.

Link had been home for a few days after his trip to Hyrule Castle and had filled in his journal with everything that had happened. He cleaned his house and tended to the grounds, keeping everything neat and clean.

His meeting in the past with Mipha occupied a good deal of his mind since he returned home, and he kept blaming himself for not handling it better. He had let his emotions get the better of him and nearly ruined everything! Mipha clearly realized something was wrong. And what if she had pressed him for an explanation? To refuse to answer her would only make her angry and ruin the only chance he had to be with her, to throw away an opportunity beyond all his hopes and dreams over the past three years. But to tell her was even worse! Purah had said it could ruin everything by unpredictably changing the past. Fortunately, Mipha was as eager as he was to enjoy their unexpected day together and let it pass. He was very fortunate.

By the fifth day back at Hateno Village, he was feeling restless again. He used his house to settle himself after traveling and to catch up on his writing. It was a place to relax. But now, he felt the urge to travel again.

The question was where, and he weighed his options.

Hyrule Castle was out since he was just there. Rito Village was quite far, quite cold, and he didn't know anyone very well there. Teba and the Elder would welcome him out of courtesy for all he had done for them, but they weren't friends. Goron City was brutally hot and about the same situation, though he enjoyed Yunobo's youthful enthusiasm. Gerudo Town was something else! He still had to sneak in disguised as a woman. They wouldn't even make an exception in his case! Chief Riju was growing up and a bit more than a child now, though still quite young. She was very gracious toward him and said he was always welcome. But it was uncomfortable hiding behind a veil all day, especially at meals. And that was a pretty long journey as well.

So, as was often the case, he ended up selecting Zora's Domain. It was close, and he had friends there. And he never tired of visiting it.

The next day he put on his Zora armor and headed off to Zora's Domain again. He had been there so many times that Epona knew the way by heart. He sometimes wondered if Epona missed all the adventuring he had done earlier. At least there was more variety for her back then. But he took good care of her, and she was as loyal a horse as you could ask for. He had rested Epona several times along the way, and the final part of the journey to the Domain was long and winding. When he finally left Epona and walked the rest of the way into the Domain, it was early evening.

His first stop was always Mipha's statue. As he approached, he saw Prince Sidon standing there, his gaze fixed upon Mipha's sculpture. Sidon didn't notice him at first, and Link was reluctant to interrupt him. Finally, Sidon saw him.

"Oh! It's you, Link," said Sidon, turning to Link standing next to him. "I was lost in thought and didn't see you. Have you been here long?"

"Sorry, did I startle you? No, I only just arrived," said Link.

Children had already made their way to the slumber pools for the night, and the plaza was quiet now.

Link knelt on one knee and placed a Blue Nightshade flower at the base of her statue. He closed his eyes and whispered, "I love you, Mipha." Then he stood up and gazed at her figure again, lost in thought.

Sidon remained silent, as there was no reason to intrude upon Link's thoughts. He had seen Link perform this brief ritual before, as he did this whenever he returned to the Domain.

Link finally broke the silence.

"They say time heals all wounds, Sidon, but it's not true, not for me," said Link as he continued to look up at her image, chiseled in stone.