A Dragon's Soul Part 5

The return journey to school is a long one and one she enjoyed it much less than in previous years. Charlie had left the day before to head back to Romania and she already missed him too much for it to be normal.

"Write to him Sash," Harry says quietly from beside her shocking her out of her daydreaming and ripping a tiny gasp from her throat.

"What... I," she stumbles over her words and feels herself blushing as he smiles at her.

"It will make you feel better and him too I have no doubt, besides you know what the Weasley men are like," he breaks off here inclining his head slightly towards Hermione and Ron and she smiles a little sadly and nods her head, "he want's to write to you but he never will unless you do first," he leaves her then moving back to the other side of the cabin where his two best friends are sitting and begins sharing chocolate frogs with Ron while she stares after him for a while. It was odd she mused, she had always seen him as a little brother, I mean he was two years younger than her after all, but he is increasingly showing her that the age difference did little and rather he treated her as a baby sister and she wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that. Instead of pondering on it she pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill and did as Harry had suggested, trying to avoid his smile as she slipped out of the carriage and headed off to find Ruffles, her owl, and send her off to Romania.

For a while she stood by the open window, letting the cold air wake her up as she stared into the fast gathering darkness. Shivering as she remembered the dementors invading the train last year. The sound of footsteps approaching her causes her to spin and not a moment too soon as she is confronted with Draco Malfoy and his cronies.

"Well, well, well looks like we've found ourselves a little Mudblood that's strayed from the pack," Malfoy sneers and Sasha clenches her fists beside her, fingers twitching closer to her wand as she takes up a defensive stance.

"Braver now you've got your little friends with you again aren't you?" she mocks knowing that she should just walk away she couldn't really afford to get into trouble, she was a prefect now and that came with responsibilities and she knew damn well that they would be watching her closely, being made prefect when you are best friends with the most notorious trouble makers in school, not to mention Harry, Hermione and Ron came with certain conditions and fighting with Malfoy on the train to school was not really toeing the line as Mcgnagall had put it last year.

"I told you you'd get it for what you said at the world cup," he snarls and before she can help it the words are spilling out of her mouth.

"I'm pretty sure your father already tried to sort out your problems for you, the mask suits him, he missed though," as soon as she says it she regrets it, his face twists horribly and his hand connects with her face as quick as lightening. Seconds pass in silence, shock resonating around the small area and then they are scrambling away back to the other end of the train while she stands there, hand held to her stinging cheek, tears of pain stinging in her eyes.

"Sash, there you are we've been looking eve... whats wrong?" George's voice switches from jovial to confused and concerned in a millisecond and she desperately tries to turn around and escape his prying eyes only to come face to face with Fred.

"Fucking hell Sash," he murmurs as he examines her face and she looks down fixedly, breathing heavily.

"What happened?" George repeats in a carefully controlled voice that reminded her very much of the way Charlie and Bill spoke to her or the others when they were worried or angry.

"Nothing I..." before she can finish the sentence however she is interrupted by Fred who grabs her chin and pulls her face up to stare her in the eye.