Trouble and taking care of her

Start from the beginning

Ngaire glanced up and seeing Darian was distracted by the cheerleaders, she considered making a break for it but he grabbed her before she could do anything. She stumbled slightly before she hurried and kept up with Darian, biting her lip to stop an eye roll as he continued to smirk. After all, she didn't need to give him another reason to hit her.

Elijah sat in his seat and sighed softly, cursing to himself and clenching his fists together. He wished he could have done something, anything, to help Ngaire. But everyone in the class knew that Darian was practically untouchable, since his father was the General of the Gatekeepers.

When Ngaire walked in, covering one side of her face, he knew that Darian had hurt her, again. He swore to himself to make Darian pay for what he did to Ngaire. She sat down beside Elijah and remained quiet until he placed a hand on her lap, which made her jump a little.

"Are you ok? I'm terribly sorry to have caused you the injuries..." He said softly and Ngaire shook her head

She kept quiet throughout the class and she exited the class quickly when the class was dismissed. He found her at lunch and sat beside her, placing his hand on her leg again and looking at her worriedly.

"You sure you're ok?" He asked softly and she shook her head.

Darian walked by and slowed down and Ngaire looked up to see him smirking before gripping hard on Ngaire's hand and pulling her hard towards his table.

"Well, well, I see the loner was talking to my girl earlier and touching her leg huh? I SAID TO NEVER TOUCH MY GIRL RIGHT?!" He screamed in his high pitched voice and slammed his fists on the table.

"Go, away...Can't you see I'm talking to my friend?" He replied, his tone laced with ice and annoyance.

"Hey, who's the more popular one here, huh?!" I said listen to me!" He gripped Elijah's head and pulled it back towards him. Elijah immediately pulled his head forward and away, kicking the chair away to stand up. His height and build was slightly higher and bigger than Darian's, thanks to his work at the mill. The sudden movement and crash from the chair made Darian move back, letting go of Ngaire's bruised wrist and she clutched at it confused as to what was happening.

"Popularity isn't what matters, flirting around while you have a girlfriend and abusing her is no worse than you just being a bully, which you are doing a remarkable job at, seeing as you aren't good at anything else. I don't care if you're the King's son, but you have no right to treat a girl like this!" He pulled Ngaire towards him and she let him. Darian clenched his fists and roared, running towards Elijah with his claws extended and he wrapped his arms and wings around her and turned away from Damian as Damian's claws sunk into his back. He had left his back vulnerable.

"ARGH!" He grunted loudly and Damian shakily pulled away as Elijah turned around his tail angrily side whipped Damian in the side. Loud cracking sounds echoed in the canteen as several ribs broke. He collapsed onto the ground from the stinging pain.

"Elijah!" Ngaire exclaimed and managed to get up and she shoved Damian back hard when he tried to attack the rabbit again and to her joy he stumbled back. She extended her claws, hissing as she stood in front of Elijah protectively.

"Leave. Him. Alone. You. Asshole. Go. Or. I. Swear. I. Rip. You. A. New. One." She growled out her words, her protective instincts kicking in after all Elijah had protected her. She could at least try to do the same. He grabbed her leg gently and panted softly, his back already starting to bleed rapidly from the deep wounds, pooling around on the ground.

"No..he doesn't deserve it...he deserves nothing...nothing at all..." He released her leg and slowly got up and wiped away several drops of sweat away from his brow and roared loudly at Darian and his mates. They all screamed and ran in all directions, Some of them ran into each other and fell to the ground. Several Gatekeepers caught Darian and some of them held up Elijah and he shrugged them away and stumbled slowly to the infirmary before collapsing onto his knees and panting heavily as the back of his jacket was stained red, mixing together to form a deadly shade of purple.

Gatekeepers pushed students away as a few of them helped the injured dragon to the university infirmary as quickly as they could. Ngaire followed closely all the while wiping away tears that were streaming down her face. She hoped he was going to be okay.

A Gatekeeper saw Ngaire and they set her down on a seat just next to the bed where the nurses were stitching up Elijah's wounds and some sharp hisses came from the blocked off area. They pulled up a few bags of his blood type and put an IV into his wrist so he could get back the blood. They also put in some sedatives for him to rest.  Once the nurses were done, they laid Elijah on his front and told him not to move too much and pulled the curtain away and let Ngaire approach him.

Ngaire sat next to him and held his paw, rubbing the back of it gently as she wiped her eyes profusely.

"I-I'm sorry, it was all my fault, I-I s-shouldn't h-have..." She stammered as she tried to blame everything on herself. Elijah gently squeezed her hand and she sniffed loudly.

"Shh...Ngaire...It's not your fault, it never was ok? Please, don't cry alright? Come on, sit closer so I don't have ta strain to talk to you~" He spoke softly and through his teeth as he held back the pained voice. She quickly shuffled closer to the bed and he gently rubbed her reddish stinging cheek and smiled.

"Hey, everything's going to be...Ngh!..alright, don't worry about me~" He grunted in pain and gave her a smile to comfort her as his fingers wiped at the tears drying on her beautiful dark grey fur. She sniffled softly and gave him a smile and nodded. His hand shifted to her wrist as he rubbed it gently.

"Promise me you'll have that looked at?" He asked her and she nodded obediently.

"He's not going to bother you again, right?" He asked the much older looking tiger in a Gatekeeper's uniform who had just entered the room and he sighed softly.

"I...truly apologize for my son's poor behavior. I will keep him under watch for the rest of his university days." He said softly and walked forward to pet Elijah's head gently.

"You are a unique one, Mr Elijah. It is commendable how you stood up to Darian and just took his claws, kicked him to the floor and are still awake from the blood loss. I will personally inform your parents and take care of the bills and your uniform, is that ok with you?" He smiled and went off to talk to the nurse without getting a reply from the dragon. Ngaire smiled feeling strangely proud of the dragon as she shifted the chair closer and stroked Elijah's head gently as his eyelids closed slowly, all the energy spent and the sedatives finally getting to him. His hand slowly got limp and Ngaire placed it on the pillow before pulling a cover, up onto his lower back so he wouldn't be cold.