A VPN

So this is an update talking about using a VPN to possibly bypass A13.

I've already mentioned this but I've come to realise not a lot of people know how to actually use one.

For starters, VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. The main purpose is to help secure your internet browsing, and protect users from viruses, ads, scams and such.

However another thing a VPN can be used for is to change your IP adress.

Your IP adress is a unique string of numbers that is used to identify your device on the web. All your searches and web activity can be traced back to you through your IP adress. When you use a website your IP adress is traced, tracked, even recorded.

Using that information can reveal your location, name and Internet Service Provider.

Location is the important one for us.

A VPN allows us to change our IP adress to one originating from another country.

Doing that could be a way to avoid A13.

When these filter bots are implemented into the algorhythms of websites, they scan data and IP adressess that are in the code, and track them to their location , detect copyrighted material, and delete it.

That's the jist of it I believe. However, this method is used only for IP adressess that originate from the EU countries.

But if you change your IP adress to one that originates from, for example Israel, and the filter bots tracks it, it will not delete any copyrighted content because the IP adress does not lead to EU, therefore the filter does not scan anything because the law doesnt apply there.

That was probably confusing, so let me give an example:

Most IP adressess originating in Italy end with 225.

Most IP adressess originating in Israel end in 255.

So when a bot tracks an IP adress that ends with 225, it will delete all material that contains copyrighted content (fanfics, fanart, fanwork and such) because Italy is in the EU.

But if a bot tracks an IP adress that ends with 255, it wont do anything, because Israel isnt in the EU.

This works like that because the filter bots are most likely going to be coded with IP endings of all EU countries that pass A13 and will only detect and erase data from users who have IP adressess with those specific endings.

Ok now that that's out of the way, let's see how we can change our IP adressess through a VPN.

It's actually fairly simple.

1. Download a VPN.

2. Connect the VPN with your internet connection.

3. Select a server out of the many the VPN offers.

I found one on the PlayStore, so here it is.

I downloaded it.

I pressed the little earth button and connected the VPN to my internet connection

Then I went toBest Choice and got a list of countries I could change my IP adress ending to

Then I went to
Best Choice and got a list of countries I could change my IP adress ending to.

It's simple, I hope this was helpful and informative because this might just be a way around A13.