Chapter 4 (Remake)

Start from the beginning

"..Sorry," Aaron apologized as we made our way to the cashier to pay for the swimsuit. They could just scan the tag and we would be good.

"It's alright," I shrugged as Katelyn paid for it quickly and I took the tag off, as I decided to put on the short and top that I was wearing.

——

We got out of the shop and walked around. As we did, something caught my eye and I immediately looked at it.

When we went out, something caught my eye.

Another shop next door had a surfing board on display that looked awesome.

Would it hurt to buy it?..

I mean, Katelyn was kind enough to buy my swimsuit for me so...

Right then, I zoomed towards the surfboard as I left the others behind.

"Wait, Y/N!" Katelyn yelled as soon as I ran.

I went in the shop without waiting for the others and immediately was amazed by the surfing boards hat surrounded me. They all had cool designs but, this one caught my eye.

"Woah," is all I said as I went towards the board.

"Well hello there miss. I see the surfboard on display had caught your eye. May I interest you in buying it?" The storekeeper asked with a grin and winked at me.

"Well, how much does it cost?" I asked him as I kept looking at it.

"Um.. It would be $54.99."

(Compared to other surfboards, you could say this would be considered cheap? Unless you're buying a foam one idk)

"I'll take it!" I said excitedly as I reached for my wallet.

He went behind the cash register and I gave him my credit card as he slid it. He gave it back to me with a smile.

"Thank you very much, but.. Are you interested in a date?" He asked as he reached for my hand.

I quickly moved my hand to my side and I instead smiled awkwardly. "Uh.. Sorry, I have plans tonight. I'm not really into dating right now," I said as he just nodded his head. "Understandable. Maybe next time then," he winked as I left the shop with my surfboard in hand to see the others waiting outside.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to keep you guys waiting," I said as I scratched the back of my head.

"Oh no you're good!" Aphmau said quickly as she admired my new surfboard.

"Sick surfboard," Katelyn said.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Well, it's an awesome day to swim out!" Aphmau said excitedly.

"Aph, do you even know how to swim well yet?" Aaron asked her.

Aphmau's face went blank and she laughed nervously.

"Well, I didn't mean it literally.." She said reluctantly.

"Well I do agree. It is a nice day to swim out and surf!"

"Then let's go then! You're set to go already."

Aphmau and Katelyn went ahead, talking about something as Aaron and I stayed behind a little.

"That's a cool surfboard. I never expected you knew how to surf. Not that it's not cool you are, I'm just saying."

I laughed a little. "Don't worry, I get what you're saying and thanks."

"So when did you learn how to surf?" Aaron asked me as I thought for a while.

"I don't exactly remember but a while ago? Then again, it's been a while since I went swimming so," I just shrugged as he just nodded.

"Maybe you could teach me sometime," he smiled.

"Sure, but maybe you're not as a tough as you look," I joked as he just chuckled.

"Well let's see about that then."