3

"Are you sure? Sila lang dalawa nanood ng movie? Di ka man lang sumama nang mawitness mo ang road to forever ni Julie, wala tuloy tayong pang-asar sa kanya, if ever." Lexi told Maqui, stunned at the news that Julie was hanging out with someone other than them and that this was not a date.

"Lex, wala ka talagang mapupuga sa dalawa. I'm with them the most, wala talaga eh. No awkwardness, no kilig, walang spark. Friends lang talaga."

"Pero bakit nga hindi ka sumama? Pag may something talaga don, sinasabi ko sayo Frencheska namiss nq natin kalahati ng buhay natin!"

"Eh sa di ko gusto yung movie eh, ewan ko dun sa dalawa ba't gustong gusto nila yung puro barilan at bugbugan."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Julie and Elmo were on their way to their usual table at the lounge when they saw Janella and Mandee already seated there. After being seated, Julie noticed Janella was looking pale and tears were occassionally flowing from her eyes.

"Jea? You okay?" Julie asked, worried about her friend.

"Yes, don't worry it's just my allergic rhinitis, di ko natiis i-pet yung stray cat kanina eh ang sungit pero ang cute."

Julie and Mandee were busy talking about where to go for their sembreak when Elmo checked up on Janella.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't look so good."

"I'm okay, Moe. It's just that I have a terrible headache and parang lalagnatin ako."

"Wait, paalam muna ako kay Julie na ihatid ka muna namin mamaya, mahirap magcommute nang maysakit."

"Wag na, nakakahiya. May lakad pa ata kayo."

"Jules, hatid muna natin si Janella later before going home. Okay lang ba?"

"Sure, baka mahimatay pa yan while waiting for Grab mahirap na."

After their last class were finished, Elmo went to the parking lot to get his car while Julie and Janella waited for him in front of their school. As soon as Elmo pulled over, it was Janella who opened the door to the passenger seat. Julie got in the backseat silently as it wasn't a big deal for her but as soon as she sat down, she found Elmo was looking at her through the window asking her through his eyes if she was okay. She nodded and slightly smiled as she wasn't perfectly okay.

Julie had a headache since she forgot her glasses and she ran out of contact lens solution but she didn't say anything about it. She was staring silently at the view of typical Manila everyday life and did not notice they were already at Janella's house.

"Thank you Moe, Julie. Pasok muna kayo to eat dinner,nakakahiya naman sa inyo."

Elmo looked at Julie who was now at the passenger seat but not looking so good.

"No problem, Jea. Next time nalang yung dinner, we have to go. May dadaanan pa kasi kami."

After Janella entered their house, Elmo tried to liven the mood by pretending he did not know the way out of Janella's subdivision. At this, Julie mocked Elmo that he did not have what it takes to be a Grab driver.

"Okay ka na? Di ka umiimik kanina. Selos ka no?"

"Wow? Masakit lang po ulo ko I forgot my glasses."

"Contacts mo?"

"Ran out of solution."

"Daan nalang tayo ng mall para bumili tapos dinner na rin, baka mag beast mode ka na naman sa gutom tapos hindi mo rin naman nauubos pagkain mo."

"Sa bahay na tayo kumain maabala ka pa kung yun lang sadya natin sa mall, mag drive thru nalang tayo."

"No, I actually also have to change my glasses prescription na, so it's really okay. Ako talaga magpapasama sayo."

"Wag mo 'kong pinagloloko Magalona, I haven't seen you wear glasses even once."

"Di ko sinusuot outside the house, nakakabawas pogi points." Elmo replied, winking at her.

----------------

After Elmo dropped Julie off, he was smiling while driving on his way to his condo. He dropped her off first before coming back to pick up his glasses from the mall. He appreciated Julie telling him to let her know as soon as he got home.

Julie was browsing her Facebook news feed when Elmo messaged her on messenger.

"Nakauwi na po, also got my glasses."

"PATINGIIIIIINNNNN."

Elmo, for the first time in his life, took a selfie with his glasses on. He never really liked wearing it in public as he thinks it makes him more intimidating and unapprochable than he already was when in fact he was so friendly and playful.

"Wow, gwapo." Julie pressed send after seeing the photo, before she even realized what she was doing.

"😉💖"