Chapter 30: Ugh Torture Is The Worst

Start from the beginning

It felt amazing having blood in my system again and feeling my body finally heal.

But then again, I felt so annoyed at how easily I gave into the blood. Especially when it was being fed to me.

My eyes shut closed but Kol's voice cooed over me "Come on darling, open your eyes."

"Why? So you can compel me? Sure." I croaked out harshly. I sat up and opened my eyes again. Klaus was casually laying on one of the sofas and Kol was crouched in front of me.

"Come on love, you were being reckless."

"I was being reckless? Says mister 'Sorry I was too happy to realise that it wasn't actually you I was sleeping with but with your doppelganger instead'." I air quoted the last part and Kol's face hardened

"It wasn't my fault! You left for no reason!" Kol shouted, standing up as I did.

"I did have a reason but if I told you what it was, you would all hate me!" I screamed in reply as the tears I were holding back started to spill.

I hated how weak I was in front of them. Klaus' attention was spiked when I said this

"What did you do?"

"It's my fault Elena is a vampire."

Kol shot me a 'don't start' glance but I ignored him as Klaus was now in front of me and pushing Kol out the way.

"What?"

"Before you and I left for New York and that time with Rosemary, I had a deal with Damon to get you out of town because everyone was planning to kill you and Kol. I, of course, made sure they didn't but just to be on the safe side, I put a spell on Elena which technically linked me to her and I gave her instructions in case they tried something. Like compulsion for a witch."

By the look on Klaus' face, he knew where this was going.

"But, of course, in New York... You snapped my neck." I paused before I continued "And since I was still linked to Elena. She died too."

Klaus' expression was practically unreadable by now. One thing I could sort of tell was that he was pissed.

"It was just luck the she had Damon's blood in her system." My voice wavered when I realised the worse part "Everyone's gonna hate me when they find out. Elena the most."

I tried and tried to turn my emotions back off but its like it was jammed on. Kol's compulsion must have prevented me from switching it off again.

"This is why I didn't want Kol to tell anyone." I finished, my eyes flickering in his direction.

Klaus still remained silent.

"Just so you know brother, she did it to protect us." Kol chipped in, also sensing that Klaus was annoyed.

He didn't even reply, just vanished from the room.

Kol went to talk to me but I held up my hand.

"Just don't." I sighed weakly, too tired to fight anymore.

That is what I was right now. Tired.

Tired of all the lying and the explaining and the torturing.

This is why I left in the first place and now look. I was a mess once again.

Even worse, a mess with emotions.

I turned on my heel and left the mansion without a second thought.

Even though I was still pissed at Kol, when I looked at him my heart leaped.

Emotions were such a pain in the ass.

I used my speed to get home and crash into my bed.

From what I could tell, my Mom was out but Caroline was in.

My suspicions where correct when Caroline burst into my room, hers eyes frantic.

"VIOLET!" She practically shouted, jumping onto the bed and hugging the life out of me.

I somehow forgot that I hadn't actually seen her since I left.

"Yep, hey Care." I managed to say as her hug was cutting off my air.

"Don't ever leave like that again! You hear me!"

"Yep, yes Care I hear you loud and clear." I strangled out and she finally let go.

"Where have you been?!" She asked, holding me out at arms length.

I took a deep breath and guided her so she was sitting down on the bed with me.

"Ok Care. I'm going to tell you everything and you're not gonna interrupt, ok?" I instructed and she hesitated before nodding.

I was so gonna regret this decision.

I told her everything. Why I left, about Elena and who Valentina was. Plus the whole no emotions thing.

I couldn't barely talk because of how hard I started to cry.

I felt so terrible about everything I talked about, especially Elena because I've basically ruined her life by her becoming a vampire.

Caroline was crying too, I didn't know if that was because it was my fault and he hated more or that she felt sorry for me.

Most probably the first option.

I could tell she wanted to talk so badly but considering I told her no interrupting, she had to bite her tongue hard.

But surprisingly, through all of this, I felt a little bit of relief.

Telling someone made the weight on my chest somewhat lighter.

Caroline left my bedroom when I had finished and said we would discuss things tomorrow considering how tired I was.

I couldn't help but let a small smile on my face because Caroline still loved me.

She accepted what I did. The emotions weighed a little less.

The thing that I hated though was the fact they were still there.

All the betrayal of Kol with Valentina and the lies that had been told. All the heartache... Wait, I killed that guy!

What's worse was that I didn't feel any regret about it.

I killed the man who obviously wanted to help me on the road and stole his car.

Wait, I murdered that other guy too... When I was walking to the mansion.

Brilliant. More guilt piled on to the weight.

Why was I still alive? I'm such a horrible hu-- sorry, vampire.

I don't deserve to live. I've killed people and taken my friends future away.

That wasn't the Violet that I remember.

I was a monster.

The smile vanished and was replaced by tears.

I cuddled my body into a ball and buried my face into my chest, hiding the sobs that escape my lips from Caroline's hearing.

I needed to get out of here.

Leave, die, it didn't matter what.

I can't stay in Mystic Falls anymore.

It has been no more than a year and my whole life has just crumbled before my eyes.

Howdy! I am back! Kinda short and crappy chapter buuuut the next one will have some more lovey dovey stuff in it =^.^=

Yaaaay (sorry if there are a load of mistakes, I done this on my phone)

Ok then. A short A/N this time so until the next update, byee! :) x

~31 days until TVD~

~34 days until TO~