Chapter 34: My Mascara Might Run

Start from the beginning

"Nat, honey?" I look up. Mum's head is poking through the doorway. "You ready to go?"

"Yup, I'll just get my phone," I say and grab it off my desk, shoving it into my pocket and following my mother out of the room. 

We all pile into the car and set off. 

"Nat, you should put on some make up," Mum says, turning around in her seat and looking at my outfit. I don't think she approves. I shake my head firmly and Mum glares at me.

"No! Please no!" I say quickly. 

"Please? Just a little mascara?" she pleads. I shake my head firmly and we bicker for five minutes straight until I finally agree to some lipstick. She hands me a compact mirror and some pink lipstick. I glare at her and take them. 

I put on the lipstick and see Mum looking smug in the rear view mirror. Then she turns around when I hand it back and says, "Now, that just looks weird, you need some mascara."

I glare at her again. This must've been her plan all along. She hands back the compact mirror and a black tube. I put it on and she turns around, giving me the 'you look ok' look. I narrow my eyes at the back of her head when she turns back around and take out my sunglasses, slipping them on and staring out the window. 

***

We arrive at the airport a few minutes later. We all walk over to the Collins who are standing at the entrance of the airport. Leo and Callum are also with them along with...... Amanda. 

"Amanda?" my mum asks when we reach the group. "Sweetie! I haven't seen you in so long."

"Hi Sarah," Amanda says before continuing to talk to Jackson, who has a 'I really don't want to be here right now' look on his face. Mum frowns a bit before turning to greet Michelle. I walk over to Felecia, Leo and Callum.  

"Hey guys," I say, waving awkwardly. 

"Nat! Thank God you're here, take the toddler," Felecia says handing Liam to me. "Wait, are you wearing make up."

"I was forced into it," I grumble. Lucas and Paul walk up next to me and say high to Felecia, who introduces them to Leo and Callum. Amanda walks up beside me and glares at me. 

"What are you doing here?" she spits. I look down at my feet. 

"My parents wanted us to come," I say. The others are having a conversation, and so Amanda steps in front of me. 

"Listen here, you fat, ugly cow, if you lay a hand on my boyfriend ever again, I will make your life miserable. More miserable than it already is. You need to take the hint, sl**, he hates you. If you know what's best for you, you'd stay away," she hisses. I nod, biting my lip. 

She quickly click-clacks off to talk to the adults. I re-join the conversation. I notice Leo and Callum giving me questioning glances and I just shrug at them. 

"C'mon, kids," Jackson eventually says. Alex just texted. Everyone leaves except Amanda who pulls me back by the arm, her nails digging into my skin. She waits a few seconds for everyone to step inside before she turns me towards her. 

"Stay out here, I don't want you seeing him before me," she says and leaves quickly. I sigh and walk over to the wall, taking my phone out of my pocket and playing a game. When I get bored, I slip my phone back into my pocket and look up at the clouds. 

A crowd of boys walk past and see me. "Hey sexy!" one of them yells out. I look at them with a disgusted expression on my face. The guy winks at me. I try not to barf and look away. 

People keep coming and going for about half an hour. I'm starting to get hot in the mid-spring heat, and I keep pulling my hair to one side since my neck is getting sweaty. I eventually take out my phone and the process is repeated, sans the perverted group of boys.