Twenty Five

||To you: Hi, i'm definitely taking my time between chapters due to life. Nothing wrong, just hard at work! So enjoy this one, filled with drama. Thanks for everything!.||

Cold.

The way my breath forms in the shape of a cloud after it escapes my mouth.
How it leaves sharp cuts on my skin every time i move, as punishment.
Oh how it tears away all feeling from my fingertips to the midst of my bones.

I can tell you, i would've had little to no problem with staying asleep if it wasn't for this freezing cold. I was enjoying my dreams, just a pile of darkness i could fill in myself. And he, he was there. A warm jolt trough my body, as if he was with me. It's what made my eyes open and head lift up once again. I was fully awake and my mind was clear. I knew exactly what had happened to me. Would it not have happened if i wasn't so inconsiderate?

...Most likely.

I scouted out the place surrounding me. Around me a room, small and dead. A bed, if you could call it that. And a window, small enough to make me able to see trough but the rain was all that the view was right now. Normally it brought me peace, but now only worry and chills down my spine. I tried to get up, everything in me told me to get up. You gotta move or you'll freeze to death.

But i couldn't.
My limbs were numb, glued together like in a bed of ice.

Why is it so damn cold.

I tried a different approach, not all at once but piece by piece. I should try that with more things... Gently i tried to move parts of my body, first thing that went well was my neck and turning my head. Luckily still able to look around and not roll off my shoulders. It gave me some hope.

All was still there and responding but it worried me how weak my hands felt. They seemed to be tightly tied up together by the wrist on my back. The most uncomfortable position.. With a lot of might i moved them. Trying to get more information of the situation i couldn't see. I let out a pained groan as answer the ice might have eased the pain a bit but i felt the tension. It was hard to feel exactly what kind of texture had been wrapped around my wrists but i'd take a guess and say rope.

The more i tried to move the more i felt my muscles move along finally. Getting grip back of my own body. Trying to keep them from freezing into place. But for only a bit.

As i was making friction between my wrists to make the rope less tight the times in prison shot into my head. How we met, under some dark circumstances but we still managed to think alike and escape. Would that work here? Was there a way out for me?

Even though i got a knock to the head, he never left my mind. Did i come to terms with knowing that i'll never see him again? Or any one else? Absolutely not.

I rubbed my wrists against each other, turning, twisting. Any movement i could do to make my ties just a little looser i tried. I knew it was cutting trough my skin but i didn't actually feel it, i was so numb once again. But it would be on the helping hand this time.

There was a little glimpse of hope when i felt the relief of the thick rope falling down and land on the ground with a light thud.
The beating of my heart went faster, warming me up even more. I placed one foot on the ground and supported on my other leg which was still down on my knee on the ground. Shaking but surely i got up.

Proud even daring to show a light smile i stood there, but this was not for long. The icy cold breeze was unforgiving and kicked me in the back of my knee making me restart from the first position. A swear out of annoyance and i tried to warm up my hands by blowing some air. But that is only temporary.