They all turned to Luther. He finally whispered, "Stay."

Ethan nodded, "It's settled then, she stays. Ilsa we would appreciate it if you let her out now."

Ilsa nodded and returned s minute later with the girl. She smiled at them. 

"I assume this means I'm staying?"

              ---------------------

Ilsa had marched down the hall to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She was mad. Mad at the others for blindly trusting this girl, someone they knew nothing about. She could be a spy, or be working for some distant government. How could she be trusted? Ilsa bet her real name wasn't even Andromeda. A knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts. She muttered a 'come in' and Ethan entered, shutting it tightly behind himself. He sighed. 

"Ilsa-"

"Don't." She snapped. She wasn't in the mood to listen to his reasons. And just the fact that they were alone in a bedroom was enough to set her on edge. "I understand why you think she has to stay, and I'm not in the mood for you to explain them to me." 

They stood that way for a minute or so. Then Ilsa turned to leave. Ethan reached out to grab her arm, to make her understand and to prevent her from walking out on him. But she pushed his arm away and it slipped downwards. 

Touching her waist. 

They both stood like that, barely breathing for fear either would say something they would later regret. Eventually they made eye contact, Ethan withdrawing his hand slowly. 

"Ethan you know I-"

"Don't" he said a bit harshly, "I know." 

When Ilsa had first joined the IMF Sloane had called them both into her office. They obviously had chemistry and she had said that she wanted to address it. 

She had told them: "The IMF does not forbid these types of things, but you both need to know that it can be extremely dangerous. Especially in the field. I'm sure you can agree with me Mr. Hunt, seeing what happened to your late wife. I highly advise you think about it before you move forward. That will be all." 

After that particular encounter the two had had a mutual understanding not to let their feelings get in the way. Over time, they had stopped conversing outside of when it was completely necessary for missions or work. Ilsa found it easier, though not less painful, to control herself around Ethan that way. Luther had approached her about it she had told him the truth, with the exception of lying about how she had currently felt about Ethan. Saying her feelings were diminishing anyways and the more time she spent with him the more she didn't want to be with him. She doubted Luther had actually believed her, but he hadn't bothered her since. 

Now, Ethan's hand on her waist awoke everything she had been feeling for the past few years. And the way he was looking at her, oh god how she wanted him. Ilsa subconsciously leaned into him, and perhaps it was her imagination but she thought he leaned in for a millisecond too. But sharply pushed her away and took a step back. She cursed herself for her own foolishness. 

"Why not?" She asked him, very mad, "It only has to be a one time thing."

"With you it would never be enough," he said, refusing to meet her eyes. With that he turned on his heel and started for the door. Before leaving the room though he said, "You know why."

And the sad part was she did. She understood that his wife, Julia, had been captured and nearly murdered by terrorists. That he had been forced to leave and fake her death to protect her. But her and Ethan's situation was completely different. She could take care and protect herself, he would never have to worry. But she knew that he would worry no matter what the situation was. He would never stop worrying. But she would also never stop loving him, and that was something worth risking every other one of those concerns over. 

                        -------------------

Ilsa took a minute to compose herself and then went to join the others in the main room. They were seated around the table, an open seat next to Andi for her. Andi seemed to be focusing on her lap more than the others, not that Ilsa particularly cared. She sat and Ethan began. 

"The file was taken by two men as far as I could see in a black car. Inconspicuous and hard to track, but we need to try. Andi." 

She didn't even look up. Ilsa grabbed her by the hair and forced her to look at her, "You need to identify the men who took the file. Now." 

In response she looked back down at her lap, her arm moving around fast. She then slid a paper across to Ethan, removing Ilsa's hand from her head as she did so. Ethan studied what Ilsa made out to be drawings. They were passed to Luther who scanned them with his computer and started tapping away. Ethan focused on Andi. 

"Are those drawings accurate?"

She didn't hesitate, "Yes." 

Luther turned to them, "I've got something."

                 -----------------------------

Thanks for reading!