Chapter 2

Shraddha Kapoor

"Lets do it one more time, girls" says Ahmed and I wince in response.

My legs hurt and my stomach growls loudly.

"Ahmed let's take a short break..puh-leaseee" I plead earnestly managing not to collapse on ground.

I have been working for 10 hours straight with not so much of loo break. But I couldn't complain as this is awards season and we have back to back shows.

I like dancing, I really do..it was one of many reasons I took it as profession in first place. I have also been modelling and hitting the ramp since I was 16. Now that I think of it, I have been working most of my life.

My mom died when I was 6..and Dad didn't waste much time mourning her death as he quickly remarried..my stepmom.

No matter how much I would've loved to call her my mom but she doesn't let me forget the fact that I'm her stepdaughter, the one to 'step' in her blissful family.

I have been trying my best to make it easier for them. More than half of what I earn is taken away by my stepmom to fend my two stepsisters..their school and tuition fees and all. My dad is small time comedian who is most of the time drunk and out of job. So I'm the only constant earning source of my family right now.

And I would've happily sacrificed my whole life for them if they didn't make me feel like a orphan in own family.

That is also why I love reading Harry Potter books so much..he is the closest character I can relate to.

Also like Harry I'll be escaping to Hogwarts pretty soon. I have been saving some money lately, hiding it from my mom's privy eyes. I'm planning on enrolling myself into a dance course from NYU. I know it will be pretty expensive but once I get there, you never know what opportunities can open up. I have some friends who have gone there and are now working under some of world's best dance directors.

But of course it's still a distant dream as I have a long and treacherous road ahead. At times I wished life was like books or movies and I had magic wand with me that would take me anywhere I wanted in a jiffy.

I sigh as Ahmed calls the rounds.

~~

Varun Dhawan

"Varun don't do anything reckless. Just tell me where the hell are you" Karan's voice booms inside the car through bluetooth speaker.

"She called me bloody impotent on national channel, Karan!" my voice cracks as I try to control the anger that is boiling inside me.

"Don't fret, Varun calm down. We will a find a way through it. I'll talk some sense to her tonight, okay?" Karan consoles and I nod, then realise he can't see me nodding "Fine" I mutter and end the call.

But I just say it to get him off my back cause I'm going to handle it my way, man way.

I spun the wheels and drive to award shows.

~~

Shraddha Kapoor

The last act is over and I'm finally free to go home(if I can call that).

But first I have to use washroom as I have been holding up my bladder for long. As soon as we are backstage I run for washroom carrying my heavily layered flowing gown with me. The theme that we danced to was rhetorical tribute to the 70's, choreographed on all the golden era's songs. My face is done heavily with makeup, smoky black eyeshadow running halfway down the cheek bones.

As I stare at my reflection in mirror I'm hardly able to recognise myself.

I see the door of washroom open as Sonam Kapoor struts inside confidently. She is wearing a designer gown which looks very much similar to the local garment that I'm wearing. She gives me polite smile which I return, taken aback by her gesture as I have heard stories of her being snob and all.

As I'm prepared to leave suddenly my hand is grabbed by invisible figure outside the half open door and I'm jolted out with force.

I take care that I don't stumble on my dress while this person drags me out. At first I think he is my dancing partner, but this guy is causually dressed in jeans and tee.

"Excuse me what are you doing?" I protest and struggle under his powerful grasp.

He turns a deaf ear as he drags me all the way out of studio and halts abruptly in front of media that has gathered to click the celebs on red carpet.

Everyone's attention immediately rests on us.

And as I open my mouth to object, the guy hurls me closer to him and smashes his lips on mine..his tongue getting instant access to my open mouth.

My eyes which were wide open shut rapidly as photographers flash their lenses on us.

~~