Chapter 1

Run.

Hide.

Hungry.

Thirsty.

Get the bounty.

Make him proud.

If you don't then he'll kill you.

I kept telling those words over and over again in my head every time I go out on a task.

Today was no exception.

I hid behind a barrel on a farm where a few pirates were harassing a farmer for his supplies, my long red hair - which was stuffed up in a ponytail - flying in my face.

"Listen here, I have a bounty on my head, so I'm sure you've heard of me." The pirate leered at the poor old man who shivered but was not cold. "So that means I'm an incredibly dangerous man and I would not have my temper tested." He hissed. I hate these type of pirates. The ones who think that having a bounty on your head is a good thing and use it against other people to get what they want. It makes me sick. But as I looked at the number of men thre were and how easy it would be to take them all down, adrenaline started flowing through my veins, reminding me that I'm just as blood-thirsty as them, if not more.

I looked down at the wanted poster in my hand. This scum had a bounty of only 20,000,000 Beli. That's nothing compared to most of the pirates these days, why is he so proud of it?

He's nothing like my Aniki...

He has yet to have a bounty because he lays low, he doesn't like to draw attention to himself but if he did have a bounty I'm sure it would be worth 500,000,000 Beli or more...I may be exaggerating but he is a great man...

Snap out of it!

Back to the mission or you'll be in trouble!

Right, sorry.

Must concentrate.

"Now, this is your last warning, give me the supplies I need like a nice little farmer or I'll take it by force." The old farmer was a brave old man, surprisingly. Although still shaking, he shook his head and gave out a meek 'no'. I admire his courage. As my hand briefly touched my sword I could sense my aura getting darker as the familiar feeling of being on the hunt for prey consumes me.

It's almost time.

The pirate's face turned into a look of rage as he snarled at his men. "Alright men, take everything in sight!" His crew lifted their swords in the air with battle cries as they began charging into the little cottage.

I shot forward and slashed my katana through the pirate nearest to me. Once his body dropped dead one of his crew members turned to look and gave out an annoying high-pitched scream. After hearing the scream, the other men stopped. The Captain turned around and glared at me. "What did you just do?" He said through his teeth, looking down at his fallen man and back up to me.

"I killed him." I said simply, my voice muffled by the black cloth that covered my mouth. "Now you're next." My body instinctively took an offensive stance, my sword aimed at the pirates in front of me.

"Do you really think that you can do that, girl? Do you not know who I am?" He questioned, his hand steady on his sword.

"I know exactly who you are - Whiplash Todd, bounty of 20,000,000 Beli...not that great, if you ask me." I shrugged.

His face turned bright red as he went livid. "How dare you think you can get away with this!" He screeched as he charged at me.

I had far anticipated this and side-stepped him. Just as he went past me I struck him in the abdomen, the tip of my sword slicing through his skin like a blunt knife through butter.