“He’s not walking to class alone.” I could see the relief flooding in her face, before I broke the news to her. “He’s not even at school.” That really got her. She started to yell out a summary of all her explosive comments mentioned yesterday. Apparently since its half way through the week, which will end the coming Monday, it was the most crucial part of the assignment. It was finally when I make my decision about him, apparently.

“But I already have. Since the first day.” I said. She just gave me a dirty look.

“Do you know where he lives?” She asked, and I couldn’t help but laugh again. Someone should call a guard, take the lady to an insanisilum.

“No.” I said, I don’t stalk him. I could feel the eyes of the class on me when Ms. Golicci looked through the class and finally said, “Whoever finds out where Lyna’s partner lives the fastest will get a bonus mark.” My jaw dropped open. Why was it so important for her? Then, I noticed all the groups had gotten out their phones, and we’re either texting or checking out that site that tells you where people live based on their name. I don’t have his name, or his number, so my services are of no use.

“I’ve got it.” This young girl I never noticed before chirped out. Then, the weirdest thing happened. Ms. Golicci wrote her name down, walked over to her, copied the address and put the scrap on my desk. She told me she’d take care of the rest of my classes and that I must leave now. I was to go to his house and continue on with the project. She spoke some more of dedication, before she mentioned she would fail me if I didn’t leave right away.

I guess I was too in shock to realize I had left the classroom, my bag slung over my shoulder, the note in my hand. I wonder what my reaction would be if the roles were reversed. I would burst out on him, maybe even yell, and say something about privacy. I actually thought I might have a shot at friendship with him. That’s definitely over.

Except he wasn’t even mad about it. He only opened the door and kind of stumbled back when he saw me. “Am I dead?”

“No, but Ms. Golicci is after I’m done with her.” He gave me an unbelieving look. “In my dreams.”

That was how we greeted each other. Am I dead? What did that even mean? I laughed and invited myself in his home. It was deserted. Nobody was there. I don’t mean just physically, but his house made me feel so alone. I walked closer to him, just to feel some body heat.

There were no pictures, no decoration whatsoever. The kitchen was reduced to bare minimum, and the home felt new. Like that odd feeling you get when you’re looking through empty home after home with your real estate agent, focusing on nothing but space. That’s what his house looked like.

___________________________________________________________________________________

“Tell me one thing about yourself that nobody knows.” I said, “That you don’t mind the famous and lovely Ms. Golicci to know.” I added.

He tried for that arrogant smirk again, but his genuine award winning smile took over. “Write down that I secretly love tuna. But really, it’s that I’m not as cool as I look.”

The way he said that was just mesmerizing. So I tried as best as I could to keep calm, “That’s cheating.” And then he asked me, “How come?” And I told him, “I already knew that.” I could see him straining himself for something to say, maybe give me an excuse or say something perfect for the moment. But instead he was silent.

“Okay, if you had one wish. Anything, what would it be?” And then he answered me with the craziest, least expected –okay, maybe I expected it a little – answer. “I would wish for the strength to say what I need to say. To know what it is I need to say, and the ability to describe the indescribable.” I could see him playing with his fingers, twirling them around each other.