Newsies 1992 React to Newsies Live

Start from the beginning

"You're one to talk," Jack says and Race quiets down. Aisling simply turns around and starts to lead the large group of boys and Sarah into the theater. Finding the controls for the projector that had apparently been left there, Aisling turns it on and puts in Newsies Live. Mush follows her like a little lost puppy.

"Aisling, is this a movie theater? It looks really fancy," He asks and Aisling nods her head as she fiddles with the projector. She finally turns it on and pauses it. Aisling leaves the projector room, leaving Mush by himself to take in the small room, and talks to Jack. Jack shouts loudly and claps his hands causing the room to quiet down.

"Jack, where are we? Can we please go back to New York? Mama and Papa are going to be so worried about us!" Sarah cries and Jack shushes her.

"I'se sure that we can figure this out. Aisling here seems to know what she is doing," Jack reassures Sarah quietly and Sarah clings to Jack.

"Alright," Aisling says quietly and Skittery yells,

"Speak up, would ya? No one can hear ya if youse talks like a mouse!" Aisling rolls her eyes and starts talking a little louder,

"I am going to show you something that is going to be weird for you to watch. This is a different retelling of how the strike happened. You may like it and you may not. Just please don't leave unless it's an emergency and don't destroy anything. That's all I ask." The boys nod and say that they will comply to the best of their abilities. Every one of the Newsies sits down and Aisling runs back to the projector room. She jumps a little when she sees Mush still standing there.

"Hi! No need to jump. I'se not that scary," He says and Aisling blushes.

"Why don't you go sit with the rest of the Newsies?" She asks and Mush shrugs.

"What if I'se wants to sit with youse?" He asks and Aisling shrugs. On the inside however, her heart is beating faster than she ever thought it could.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything," Aisling says as she presses play on the movie. Mush sits down in the chair next to hers. The music begins and Aisling watches the boys settle in tight. She turns and notices Mush watching her. "What do you want, Mush?" She asks and Mush fidgets a little bit.

"Nothing," He whispers and Aisling can clearly see him gazing at her lips.

"Mush, my eyes are up here. We've just met. Let's just watch the movie, okay?" Aisling says and Mush turns a deep shade of scarlet, "We can be friends though."

"Okay, I'se didn't mean to," Mush starts and stops, "I'se won't makes you do anything you don't want to do. I'se just used to girls fawning over me when they first meet me. You'se haven't."

"I'm not that kind of girl," Aisling says with a chuckle as she turns back to watch the movie. Mush nods before turning to watch the movie. The two watch as the title fades out and Mush sits up straight,

"Newsies!" He cries out loudly and Aisling shushes him.

"Keep it down," She whispers as some of the other Newsies began to cry out at seeing the name of their group on the screen. Once the two catwalks come together, the Newsies quiet down slightly. Aisling continues watching the movie and it only gets better when the boys see the blonde version of Crutchie sit up on the catwalk.

"That ain't me!" Crutchy cries out innocently, "That guy looks really nice and all, but that ain't me." A dark haired version of Jack appears and Jack in the audience smiles when he figures out that they are sleeping on a rooftop.

"You know sleeping on a rooftop ain't such a bad idea, Crutchy," Jack says and Sarah shakes her head quickly.

"Please don't do it, Jack. That's really not safe," She pleads. The boys watch Jack and Crutchie on screen and they all gasp when Crutchie almost falls.