Chapter 31

"Your sure?" I whispered, looking at her.

"My dear, I am positive. The questers voted wrong. You, you Silver are my favorite daughter. Your the one in the prophecy. As much as I love Gem... Its your turn. Your turn to get the story."

I shook my head hesitantly, "No. Everythings already been about me."

"But no one else away from this camp knows about you!" pressed Aphrodite.

"I can't do it!" I screamed.

"Theres your fatal flaw again!" my mom exclaimed and I stopped. "You, you are the lover in this quest. You spread love through everybody you meet. It is true, your love life has not been easy. But that gives you the best experience of all."

"Thanks mom. Wheres dad and the others?" I asked. She took in a breath and looked at me.

"Lets just say... Away." she replied, and I blinked. "But for now, focus on the task at hand." slowly she began to dissolve and I looked away. Instinct. Even though it wouldn't do a thing to me. Slowly I looked back, tears springing from my eyes. But... Happy tears. The gods were alive. Or... So I thought.

Finally I decided my choice. I would go. Not for myself, but for my mom. I needed to make her, and every other god... Proud of me. A smile crept upon my lips. I would do this, the way a Hades child would. Mysteriously. Under a mask of shadows. And perhaps life threatening. Fun.

Slowly I slipped into the shadows, as if traveling into a new dimension. I appeared on the surface world and as soon as my feet hit the ground a surf board formed next to me, but it was made out of shadows. Darkness.

I hopped onto it and got into the standard position of riding a surfboard, then it zoomed off with a small Whirrrrrr. Glancing nervously at the sky around me I continued to go about on my shadow board, bending time and speed as I went. I heard a loud BOOM and suddenly I was going faster. Like, face peeling faster. Next time I see the god of speed? Slap. Slap. SLAP.

Finally I slammed into a building (which by the way didn't help my self esteem) and slid to the ground, shaking my head. I looked at the mortals, one of my ears twitching. What the Hades did they see right then? Perhaps I just looked like a gigantic bug to them. Welp... Time to track down the others. 

I sniffed the air and immediately recoiled. What was that horrid smell? I sniffed some more. Onions. RAW! I shook my head, trying to stay focused. Slowly I looked around me. Why would I be sent here? Was I gonna somehow kill Gaea with a cart of raw onions?

If I hadn't been so mad and disgusted, I would've laughed at that thought.

I whipped around as I heard a snarl. But there was nothing to see. Nothing there. That means monsters.

"Please please PLEASE help me!" I prayed. If Aphrodite was alive, then the other gods had to be alive too right? RIGHT? Wrong. As. Always.

"They can't here you." hissed a voice and I looked around me. I wasn't in the city anymore. I was in a dark cavern... So instead of screaming or challenging the thing I just got really mad. It went something like this:

"YOU IDIOTIC THINGAMABOB! YOU JUST DRAAAAAG ME OUT IN THE CITY ONLY TO TELEPORT ME HERE! ARE YOU SERIOUS! HOW ABOUT YOU MEET MY STUPID SWORD AND I'LL SEE HOW POWERFUL YOU ARE!"

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Such... Rage." purred the voice and I paused. The smell... It wasn't onions. It was the horrid smell of cat fur. Which, if you had hell hound senses, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 

"Manticore!" I screeched and let out a horrifying scream as a horn pierced my arm.

"OW! Keep the howlin' down!" snapped the manticore.

I didn't reply. Just slowly I pulled the thorn out of my arm and an arch of stunning pain shot through me like a lightning bolt, and I can tell you first hand how that feels (Got into some trouble with Lily. And Zeus). I fell to the floor, the thorn clattering in front of me.

"Well. Before I kill you I'd like to introduce myself. I am... Shard! THE MIGHTY SON OF DR. THORN!"

"Then why are you so tiny?" I asked, 

"I am huge!" he objected.

"Dude. Shut. The Hades. Up."

"I WILL NOT!"

"Yeah well? How old are you?" What would Annabeth do? Did I just think that? Of course I did. She's a genius talker. Maybe I could combine her and Rachel's way of speaking... OOH! Idea.

"Well uh... About one thousand and five hundred years?" he muttered.

"Dude thats old." I said, but before he could say anything else I continued, "I'm pretty sure thats like, illegal now. You know youz gots to get down and like loosen up a bit if you really wanna to be better than your dad. I meanz, I know what its like to have a powerful parents but you just have to show him whos boss! OH MY GODS IS THAT A BALL OF YARN!"

"Where? Where?" he asked, running in a circle, light filling the room already. Actually according to my status he was still just a kit.

"Sorry 'bout this. No hard feelings." I said and suddenly lurched forward, taking a knife out of my boot and stabbing the manticore. He didn't even get to mew. He burst into monster dust which I kicked all over the area, muttering curses at Dr. Thorn.

Suddenly a pain shot up my chest and I let out an unaudible scream. The breath left my lungs and out of my sternum I slowly pulled out a long bloody thorn, tinted with purple and black.

I couldn't breath. I couldn't make a sound. All I felt was the sheer pain of my body crippling from inside. Maybe my mother was wrong. Maybe I wasn't the one in the prophecy, after all.

~SilverΩ