[ seven ]

[ seven ] 

It was the morning of the charity event and her mom wanted both her brother Marc and her there by noon. She was just getting out of the bathroom, grateful that the room Ricardo offered her had its own bathroom, when she heard her phone ringing. 

She dried her hands by wiping them on the towel wrapped around her body and then picked her phone up. Looking at the screen, she saw she had a call from her brother. Rolling her eyes, she clicked the answer button and said into the phone, "What do you want Marc?" Her voice was dripping with anoyance because despite the fact that he was her brother, she still cared about Marcela and knew the break-up had probably been his doing.

"You heard about Marcela and me, I'm assuming." He said in a bored tone.

"Yes." She huffed. "I can't believe you, Marc. What the hell? I told you not to date Marcela, I told you I'd be stuck in the middle in the end. But no. You said: don't worry Luz, I love Marcela and we'll be together forever."

He scoffed. "That wasn't what I said at all. And don't scold me, you're just like mum, taking Marce's side. I kept you out of this problem, she's the one who probably went crying to you."

"Because you broke her heart and I'm her best friend." She pointed out. "Who else was she gonna tell?"

"Broke her heart?" He laughed bitterly. "She's a fucking traitor. The other day when I visited her, I saw her outside, talking with some Madrid dogs. And she was being a bit too friendly with them. She's probably been spying on the team to give those guys information."

Mariluz gasped. "What? Which guys?"

"Kaka and some dork with a girly face." Marc replied.

That was when she felt her heart drop. Her brother had broken up with Marcela because of her. 

The girl pretending to be a boy groaned loudly. "You are so stupid, Marc. That was just a misunderstanding. She loves you so call her and tell her you're sorry. You can meet up at the charity event."

"I'm not going." He said angrily. "She'll probably be there with her Madrid dogs."

"You have to." She said into the phone, outraged. "Mom's counting on you to do your shift at the cotton candy booth."

"Neymar will cover for me." Marc said.

"Fine." Mariluz rolled her eyes.

.

.

.

.

After she ended the conversation with her brother, she chaged into her Michael Bartra outfit and fixed the wig on her head. In a backpack, she placed a nice dress her mom bought for her, a pair of flat shoes and her ake-up bag. She was going to spend the rest of the afternoon switching back and forth between being Mariluz and Michael.

She was about to head down for some breakfast when her phone rang again. 

Mariluz sighed. The second call in about an hour. She grabbed her cellphone from her jeans pocket and looked down at the caller ID. 

It was Bojan.

At first she let the call go to voicemail, hoping he would give up. But when he didn't give up after more than three tries, she groaned in annoyance, answering the call. "Hey Bojan." She said blankly into the phone.

"Mariluz," Her name escaped his lips in a shaky breath. "Its been a long time."

"Yes." She agreed. "A long time since you left to Italy and my eyes were finally able to see the real asshole of a boyfriend I had."

In amusement, he asked his former girlfriend. "Are you still mad about-"

But she cut him off. "About you saying I should just quit my football career and stick to household work? Or maybe the fact that you told me I was a great footballer and even said I was better than most of the guys on your team, only to deny it in front of them. If you mean that, then yes. I am definitely still mad about that, Bojan."

"I told you I didn't mean those things I said." He swore. "And I was hoping we could go out to dinner after the charity event. Give me another chance."

"Never in your wildest dreams." Mariluz hissed before hanging out the phone.

She strode over to her bedroom door and swung it open to catch Ricardo standing there, jaw dropped in surprise. "What were you doing in your room?" He asked her.

"Nothing." She quickly replied with a shake of her head.

"You were talking to someone on the phone." He pointed out. "And you were talking like a girl."

"Oh." She gulped. "That. I was just talking to my sister's ex-boyrfiend. You know Bojan Krkic, don't you?" Ricardo nodded and Mariluz continued talking. "Well he and my sister dated, but then he turned out to be a douche. And now he's back in Spain and he's going to be at the charity event. So my sister asked me to deal with him. I thought the best way to do so was to imitate my sister and make him think he was talking to her."

"If he gives your sister any trouble, tell her she can count on me." The Brazilian shot her a smile that sent her heart in a frenzy.

She didn't know how Florencia Perez could ever pass up an opportunity to date one of the best, as well as one of the most handsome footballers in history. A thought ran through Mariluz' mind and she decided if he was interested in her, she would instantly jump at the chance to date Ricardo.

But he was interested in Florencia and there was nothing she could do about it.

-

as of now, all my football fanfics have been updated in the last two days except the james rodriguez one and that makes me happy.

i love futbol.

but yeah. here's the latest chapter of hala madrid. and i know bojan isn't a total douche bag in real life, but for the purposes of suspense and drama, he must be the asshole in this fictional world i have created. but i love my little bojan. i used to love watching him in barcelona and his eyes are just the cutest.

so drama is approaching! ^.^

be prepared guys.

thank you for reading and voting.

thank you.

i love you.

-clary xx