Side stories pt.3

(This will be the New Years chapter that I promised)
Gracie P.O.V
It was about 1 in the morning when I got on the train for Tulsa. I was going to see my extremely attractive cousin Darry. Now I know I can't date him but those are one of the many compliments my friends say. As I sat down in the cushioned red leather seat, I thought about how he's doing. I heard he joined a gang but they were nice. I'll have to see this for myself. I was sleeping when a scrawny voice came on the speaker, "our next stop, Tulsa Oklahoma." The train came to a halt and I stepped onto the platform. I made sure I had all my bags before leaving the train station. As I walked into the streets of the tiny hometown, I remembered all of the grand times we had as children. We always ran around the field and played football. I smiled to myself as I walked down the familiar block of my fav home. I placed my bags down near the couch, I called out to Darry. Sure enough he came down and gave me a big bear hug.
"Hey Grace! How have you've been! It's been so long since I've seen you."
"Oh just the same. Wow, I can't believe my little cousin is taller than me!" I say
"Wow, still sassy after all those years. Hey pony! Soda! Get over here and give cousin Grace a hug!"
The two boys dashed through the hallways and I opened my arms to hug them.
"GRACE!" They say in unison
"I'm glad to see you to boys! I got gifts for you." I pulled out a signed copy of Gone with the Wind, a whole supplies of chocolate cake mix, and a new tool box.
"Wow. Thanks Grace!"

Darry's P.O.V
Once we all settled down, we took her out for some lunch. We took her to the dingo and payed for her lunch. We were just sitting down talking when a girl from Ponyboy's class came up to our table.
"Hey pony. Can I come over to your house and study with you for that big English test?"
I think her name was Katherine. She's a soc and one of Sherry's best friends.
"Uh we don't have a test, we're on break." Pony says in a matter-of-fact tone.
I could tell she wanted him to get to Soda. That's what most girls use us for. She scoffed then left out the door. "Well I'm glad she's gone." I mumbled because it would be immature of me to say those kind of comments in front of my younger siblings. I look over at Grace and she sits here trying to ignore all of that. Just then Katherine came back in and said, "oh by the way Sherry wants to meet you in the park later tonight."
"Wow. Who knew that there are so many disrespectful girls here. I don't know how you deal with it." Grace shales her head in disgust.
When we finished our food, I paid for the bill then we drove back home. On the way home Pony asked if the girls were coming. "To my knowledge, ...... I don't know."
"Wait what girls?" Grace questioned.
"Some of our friends Pony hangs out with from the DX" soda spoke up. I'm guessing he knew that Grace didn't like Vivian. We pulled into the drive way and got out of the car. Me and Gracie cooked dinner for the gang and by that time it was 2:00 in the afternoon so the boys would be coming soon. Sure enough, Steve and Two come in and do their normal routine which is Watching Mickey and playing cards and Johnny and Dallas come in a minute after them. Pony goes to johnny and they talk about who knows what and soda is arm wrestling with Steve.
"Well I'll be damned, who knew you have to take care of all these people." Grace peeks around the corner of the kitchen corner and she shakes her head.
"Well, they help around here." I say defending my friend. us greasers gotta stick up for one another no matter what.
We talked and watched  some T.V. When Dallas noticed Grace.
"Hey Darry, who this chick?"
"This 'chick' is my cousin from Illinois." I gave him the glare while grace stifled a laugh.
"Is she single?" Two-bit asks.
"Yes I'm single, but I work as an author and write fantasy books." Grace then sassily flips her long brown hair.
Two bit turned his attention back to the T.V. Screen and continued what he was doing. It was about 3:05 when I saw the pretty baby blue Mustang pull down the block.
"Wowzah, Who's mustang is that?" Steve asked.
"You idiot, remember those two soc girls that came in one day." Soda smacks in the back of the head.
"Oh yea! That was the day Johnnycakes found himself a pretty lady."
I turn around and Johnny is blushing madly. He walks over to me and sees the mustang pulling into the drive way. The right side of the car opens and Isabela steps out with a scarf wrapped around her neck.
Maria opens the other side of the door sporting a jean jacket, like Johnny's.

Isabela's outfit

Maria's outfit

"Wow. Who are these people stinkbear?" Grace asks. I didn't notice her so she made me jump a little.
"Uh that is Isabela and Maria. We met them while I was working on the roof of their house. Then afterwards we met them at the movies and talked."
"Oh."
They closed their door, locked it and walked up to the front porch. Johnny was standing on the first step, jaw dropped.
"Hey johnny might want to close the mouth, you might catch flies. Hey Darry what's up." Maria says while walking over to talk to Johnny.
"Hey Darry. Who's this?" Isabela asked sweetly.
"This is my cousin, Grace." I gestured toward Gracie.
"Pleasure to meet you." They shook hands and we all went inside. I looked at the clock and realized it was time for Grace to head out soon.
"Hey dar. Mind if I talk to you for a little?" Grace asks from the kitchen.
"Sure." I walk over there and I sit down.
"Look, I know you love her and all, but I haven't had the talk. So when two people love each other very much-"
"Nope. Not in this house." I'm pretty sure I'm blushing at this point.
"Anyway, I really think she's the one for you Darrel. Now listen to me, I know I don't know her or anything, but if you break her heart I will hear about it and I will destroy you. Understand?" Grace looks at em with her serious face.
"Y-yes ma'am."
"Great! Glad we could have this talk. Now help me with my bags."
I walked over to where she packed her bags and walked her to her car. We said good bye and she drove off into the sunset. As I walk back to the house, I remembered what she said to me, I think she's the one for you.