Official Women's March 2019 T Shirt

This year's march will be held on Jan. 19, 2019, on the National Mall.

Because we will NOT go back. On January 19th, Women's March 2019. In early 2017, during the aftermath of President Trump's election, around four million people gathered in Washington DC for the first Women's March, a protest against legislation and rhetoric that harms women. Around the country, large sister marches mobilized in major cities on the same day. The historic march—the largest single-day protest in US history—was meant "to ensure that this country knows women are not happy," according to Women's March co-founder Tamika Mallory.

Women's March, however, did not conclude their efforts after their 2017 march, dubbed the Women's March on Washington. The following year, they organized another march on the same weekend with a new focus, a campaign called Power to the Polls, with the goal of registering and mobilizing people to vote.

Now, two years after their initial protest, Women's March is gearing up for their third annual march, focused on keeping people energized to continue to resist policies and actions that harm women and minority communities. As an organization, Women's March has faced ups and downs in the past three years, including most recently being accused of anti-semitism—which they have both denied and apologized for— causing the official 2019 Chicago march to be canceled. Still, they are continuing to march this year, bringing the main event back home to Washington DC, using the hashtag #WomensWave.

"We are setting our sights on what happens after all those folks were elected," Rachel O'Leary Carmona, chief operating officer of the Women's March, told ABC News.