Chapter 2

(Above- Picture of how the orphanage looks roughly)

Chapter 2 - dinner and dash

Finally finished I trudged downstairs both silently and reluctantly but I'm in need of food so I guess I'll suck it up and face Ryder and his mates.

I go into the kitchen and stop, surprised to see one of Ryder's mates at the counter chopping up veg and putting pasta on to boil. He seems to know where everything is and it's kinda creepy because I've never seen him here before so how would he know?

I cough to get his attention and he looks up and smiles at me "hey I'm jus making my famous pasta dish for dinner, you want?"

"Uuhhhh sure" I say kinda confused.
I go to turn around and walk back out but he stops me. "Wait! Didn't you come In here for something? Don't let me stop ya"
So I quickly rush to grab a croissant from the cupboard and make a bee line for the stairs only to be stopped by Ryder. What is it with people and stopping me today!

I look up at him hesitantly and am trapped under the spell that is his eyes once more, he smirks and I look away feeling heat creeping up to my cheeks.
He reaches out his hand towards my cheek but then suddenly as if he thinks better of it he pulls back and takes to leaning against the bannister instead.

Confused I stare at him questioningly he jus shakes his head and smiles shrugging it off like it's normal. I leave it for the moment brushing it off, thinking nothing of it.

"So you've met Nate I see."..."The one in the kitchen." He clarifies
"Oohh yh" why does this feel so awkward!?

"Ryder how comes I've never seen your friends here before yet they all seem right at home?" I get to the point looking at him with curious eyes.

"Umm you were just always out when they came round or were in your room" he seemed slightly thrown off by my question but I let it slide coz it was a reasonable explanation and there was nothing wrong with it.

I'm about to ask another question when ruby comes running to me from her room shouting "I accidentally broke the window in my room help!" And I have to go check out what she means.

By the time I'm finished cleaning up Ruby's mess Ryder and his mates have disappeared so I go looking for them and it turns out they've pushed all the tables outside in the huge garden together and are gathered around the now giant table eating dinner.

Nate sees me and calls me over to join them and I end up wedged between Nate and Dan I think his name was and directly across from Ryder. This isn't awkward at all..... this is totally awkward, Help!

Gathering up the courage I ask the whole table "so how often do you guys meet up? coz I've never seen y'all here before"

The table goes quiet and Troy speaks up " every couple weeks or so usually in the afternoon" the rest of the table nods and goes back to eating, I sneak a glance at Ryder and notice his eyes on me so I look away quickly.

"So babe, do you have a boyfriend?" I hear one of the guys say from down the other end followed by a loud "oowwww! What did ya do that for!?"
"Shut up, jace" Nate warns the guy and he backs down apologizing.
I laugh it off and reply sassily" Depends on whose asking"
Finally starting to act like myself around the guys the conversation starts flowing easier and soon I'm laughing and joking with the rest of them.

The guys finally go home and I'm left sitting with Ryder in the living room, moms gone out to dinner with some friends and the rest of the rug rats are either having sleepovers, still out with their mates or in their rooms.

I nudge Ryder whose been staring absently into space for about 5 minutes.
"What's wrong?"
"Huh? Oh nothing, jus thinking" he replies vaguely
"So your friends seem nice" I say trying to start a conversation.
"Yh if you like that sort of thing" he huffs "look I'm gonna go to bed it late, night"
What! Late! It's only 8pm "Yh night Ryder" I'm so confused he seemed almost angry at what I said? What did I do wrong!?

—————————————————————————————————————————————
A/N: Soooo... what did ya think? What's up with Ryder? And are his mates really who they say they are? Find out soon in mysterious. Sorry always wanted to do that 😂

Quick question: How's life?

I'll try update soon and hopefully I'll have another chapter up by Tonight but I've got a lot of homework and I need to clean my room 😩 so I'm not sure.
             — Bye for now,  
                                              DreamSong_2815   Xxx😘