The Reaping

I arrived at the capitol and was rushed out by my prep team without being able to say bye to Gale. I wouldn't see him till after the reaping. If only I had his outlook on all this...

My prep team chatted away about so many useless things that didn't help take away the guilt I would have to carry around. The guilt of being the one that picked these girls names, I might as well have been signing their death warrants. I tuned it out until they mentioned that since Peeta was gone, Beetee had to reap the boys.

I thought of how sad it was, Beetee would have to stand up there and choose the names. How many capital kids had been killed by the bombing... his design, that killed Prim...

When my prep team finished with me I had a pale blue dress on that had a rich blue flame pattern that started at the bottom and rose up the dress. My hair was in a braid over my shoulder and I had pale blue heels on.

Suddenly Octavia screeched, "I almost forgot your new pin."

I looked at her quizzically "What new pin?" I asked.

Octavia said, "You'll love it just wait." She ran off and came back with my Mockingjay

I then heard Plutarch's voice say, "Katniss and Beetee please come forward. "

I walked up to the stage not very sure-footed. I made my way to the ball and was somewhat calmed to see Beetee was nervous too.

Once Plutarch saw we were ready he said," May the Reaping for the 76th Hunger Games begin."