He stared at me for a while longer before covering his face again, "I don't even know why I ask you. it's not like you're gonna answer."

        What he said hurt me. It's not the first time it's happened, but for some reason it hurt when he said it. Suddenly, I had the urge to speak, to talk, but I couldn't. I haven't spoken for this long, why would I now? Just because of some random guy? No, but why do I feel like this?-

        My thoughts were interrupted when there was a sudden screeching sound. My head snapped to the source of the sound to see Jared getting up from his chair.

        "C'mon, let's go. We're getting out of this dump," he walked over to me and grabbed my arm. The same arm that was bruised because of the dodge ball. I quickly rearranged my face so that he couldn't see my wince, but I was too late, he caught it.

        "What happened?" he asked, looking at me suspiciously, but  just shook my head frantically. He narrowed his eyes at me.

        "Don't lie to me, you better not be lying Nina, I swear," I quickly shook my head at him again and he touched the same spot as before and received the same reaction from me. He grabbed the end of my sweatshirt sleeve and pulled up the fabric faster than lightning. I let out a short gasp of surprise and looked at him. He was staring at the bruise on my arm with shock slowly filling his eyes, then anger.

        "Nina," he said shakily, then he closed his eyes and licked his top lip slowly in anger, "who did this to you?"

        My breathing turned rapid as I looked away and suddenly the tiled floor I was standing on looked way more interesting.

        "Nina, how the heck did you get this bruise? Tell me right now!" his jaw was clenching and I was afraid he was going to do something he regretted. The hand that was still holding my arm was shaking and I quickly pulled him out of the nurse.

        "Show me who did this to you," he demanded and I quickly nodded my head, not wanting to get him even more mad than he already was. I reached for his arm to ensure that he was following me, but was surprised when I felt his hand wrap around my own and his fingers intertwine with mine. I looked down at our tangled fingers and back into his eyes. They were an endless sea of nothing, once again his eyes were emotionless. I shook my head and continued down the hallway.

        Although I didn't see who hit me, I recognized the voice and that was all I needed to know who it was. It was the person who started the torment and endless verbal abuse. He was the leader and everyone else were his followers. It was Matt Johnson, captain of the football team and the most popular boy in school. Of course I didn't know where he was in this precise moment, but I know where his locker is. In fact everyone does.

        Approaching his locker, Jared looked at me and muttered one single word, "Matt."

        His jaw was clenched once again and I gulped. I didn't know what to expect. He is the bad boy of the school, but he was rarely ever in fights, but when he was, the other person wished death. Rumour has it that he's in some sort of fighting sport, MMA, boxing, or even kick boxing. I'm not so sure, but I didn't want to find out.

        I urgently tugged on his hand and he simply glanced down at me.

        "What? I'm just gonna have a little talk with him," he muttered and I looked at him disbelievingly. Before I could scold him facially anymore than I already was, Matt arrived at his locker with his friends. They were all laughing at something Matt had said, but stopped when they noticed Jared standing in front of Matt's locker. Matt still had his back to Jared, but he curiously turned around. A smirk formed on his face at the sight of Jared.

        "Well well well, if it isn't Mr. Bad boy. What are you doing here? Isn't this a bit out of your league?" his friends cackled at his weak attempt at a joke, but Jared stayed emotionless.

        "Did you do this to her?" he question, gritting his teeth together and grabbing my arm, once again pushing up the sleeve and showing him the bruise. My face flushed in embarrassment because all of his friends were witnessing this. Matt glanced at the bruise before looking at my face and smirking slightly.

        "It's not my fault she has such a weak arm for dodge ball," he answered and his friends snickered behind him. Jared narrowed his eyes and carefully let go of my arm.

        "Step back muñeca," he commanded and I immediately stepped back, not wanting to get hurt. Jared cracked his knuckles and looked Matt in the eye.

        "Awe, she your girlfwiend hmm? Oh, you're her first boyfriend? It really came as a surprise because," he let out a mock gasp, "no one would dare get with her. I mean what did you see in her?" he taunted and my chest tightened at his painful words, but before I could dwell on it further, Jared let his fist smash into Matt's face. Everyone, including me, let out a shocked gasp and took a step further back as Matt was tackled to the floor.

        Jared pounded his face and I looked on in horror. This had to be stopped, if the rumours were true, Jared could beat him to death.

        I rushed over to the fight and grabbed Jared's shoulders, trying to stop him, but it seemed as if he was on a rampage. I shook his shoulders, but he was too strong for me. I finally resorted to the last thing I could think of; pushing him off. I gripped one of his shoulders with both of my hands and pushed with all my might, but he didn't budge.

        I stepped back and placed my hands on my hips, thinking of how I could get him off, when an idea popped into my head and I stepped back over to him.

        I wrapped both of my arms around his neck and squeezed as tight as I could without cutting his oxygen off and breathed softly in his ear.      

        I felt him tense up and freeze. slowly he stopped punching Matt and I was then able to pull him off of him. Before I could pull him away from the scene completely, he turned back to an almost unconscious Matt and spoke firmly.

        "If I see another mark on her caused by you, I will kill you. And that's a promise," and with that, he grabbed my hand and led us out of the school.

                                        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello sweetums!! sorry for the late update, I just started school this week! please vote, comment (because I love them so much!), and follow!
Dedicated to @IloveTed for the wonderful cover! Thank you so much!!         

                        ~Nat