Chapter One; Babysitting a nightmare.

Chapter One

                                                                Babysitting a nightmare

                              The title/plot/characters are Copyrighted  © 2012 Andreaxo. 

You'd think after watching so many horror movies, I'd be able to tell when I'd jumped into one.

 “Faye's allergic to peanuts so make sure you keep an eye on that and have all the kids; excluding Sage of course in bed by eight o' clock.” Lisette, the frantic mother I was babysitting for squeaked as she hopped around the small living room trying to force her foot into a pair of red stilettos. Her long blonde hair was poking out wildly through her tight bun as she quietly swore.

“Got it Mrs.Harrington, you have nothing to worry about, I've got it all under control.” I said with a reassuring smile as she finally got both of her painful shoes on and grabbed her small, black purse off of the wooden coffee table in the center of the room. She let out a loud sigh before making her way towards the door, stopping in the doorway to turn towards me, a dark, dangerous look transforming her beautiful face.

“If anything happens, anything weird, you call my cell.” The dark shadows left her face as quickly as they had come as she gave a frazzled smile before shouting goodbye to the kids and nearly running out of the door into the frigid night air.

I felt something churn in my stomach but tried to ignore it as I plastered my 'babysitting' smile on my face and walked through the living room and into the adjoining room, the kitchen. I had to get these kids to like me so I could keep this job. I needed to earn money for concert tickets and although something seemed off about Mrs.Harrington, she was paying twenty dollars an hour, which was ood but you wouldn't find me complaining.

How hard could it be Skye? Their just a couple of kids. Just give them food and they'll be happy.

I walked over to the shiny, black fridge and opened it up revealing absolutely nothing. Not even a box of takeout, it was like those display fridges you see at the store. I cocked an eyebrow wondreing if these people just ate out every day before closing the fridge and walking over to the dark,wooden cabinets that lined the whole kitchen, there had to be some sort of food here.

I looked through all eight cabinets to find nothing, no soup cans, no forgotten boxes of mac and cheese no hidden cans of spaghettio's, not even a pot or pan to cook in. I couldn't help but feel completely weirded out and confused as I took a second look around the normal sized kitchen. It had a stove, a sink, a fridge, cabinets even an island to prep things on. If they had any food to prep.

I shook my head, causing my blue-black curls to bounce around my head as I wondered what I truly got myself into. Crazy Mrs.Harrington, a beautiful kitchen with no food and twenty dollars an hour pay, I had an itching feeling that this wasn't going to be my normal babysitting gig but I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head as I padded out of the troubling kitchen and back into the small living room.

“You guys want pizza?” I yelled, using my sing-song voice up the long wooden staircase at the end of the room. All that I got met with was silence. Okay then... maybe they didn't hear me.

“I said do you guys want me to order a pizza!” I yelled again, this time two times louder as I listened for an answer. Still nothing. Maybe these kids were just weirdly quiet, it wouldn't be a shock considering the circumstances so far.

“Okay then, pizza it is.” I said as I pulled my small, black cheap flipphone out of the pocket of my jeans and dialed my favorite place, knowing the kids would be happy once they had one bite of their amazing pizza.