The sword lady and The kid

In a small village to the east lives a boy, the boy isn't that important, he knows that and is perfectly fine with it, the village has been suffering from some sort of plague causing those who live there to suffer, nearby the village is a cave, a forbidden cave that supposedly has a cursed item hidden in it, the cursed item has been blamed for all the bad things happening to the village. A wandering woman with a sword heard the rumors of the cave and heads to the village.

This is the story of the adventures the two get into.

Villager: did you hear? A traveling knight is staying at the inn, I think someone's finally going to take care of that cursed cave.

Farmer: it's about time.. I don't think my crops could take it anymore.

The boy pops out of nearby barrel that he was hiding in to eavesdrop

Boy: is it true!? The inn? I'm gonna go meet them!

The boy hops out of the barrel and makes a run for the inn leaving the villager and farmer speechless.

The Swords-woman sits in the inn studying a map of the nearby Forrest leading up to the cave.

Suddenly the door swings open revealing the boy.

Boy: I heard there's a traveling knight!

His eyes scan over the inn until he lands on her. He quickly heads over to her.

Boy: that's the map to the cave! Is it true your gonna solve the villages problems??

Swords-woman: I'm not doing this for your village. I'm doing this because I heard about what's in it.

Boy: the cursed item? What are you gonna do with that?

He continues to pester her for a few minutes with seemingly endless questions until the swords woman rolls up her map and throws a few coins onto the inn keepers desk.

Swords-woman: if you're so curious I won't stop you from following me, but fair warning: you could die.

Boy overly excited: you really mean it!?

Swords-woman: you're a weird kid..

The swords-woman then sets off towards the cave with the boy following close behind her.

Swords-woman: so whatever's in the cave is draining the life from the village?..

Boy: yeah, it started with the crops then it spread to the animals, it's even started to get to humans.

Swords-woman: I wonder if I'll be paid then..

Boy: I'm sure you won't walk away empty handed.

Swords-woman: don't you have friends to go kick things with?..

Boy: I did, but they were either taken on adventures by traveling knights or are too sick to get up from the curse.

Swords-woman: I see.

Boy: but you're here now and all of our problems are over!

Swords-woman: until a herd of goblins move into the soon to be empty cave and all of your problems start up again..

Boy: oh I'm sure we can take some little old goblins.

Swords-woman: that's what they always say..

Boy: oh! We're here!

Swords-woman stops and grabs the boys shoulder stopping him as well.

Swords-woman: that's torchlight further in. Someone else is in there.