Part 2

"No. Absolutely not!"

"He's not evil, he's just scared! Please Vendel, just give him a chance!"

Introducing Aargh had not gone as well as Blinky had hoped. As soon as Vendel say the big troll he had wanted to imprison him. "Blinkous, am I hearing you correctly? You have known this troll for hardly even a day and you want to vouch for him? I promised your mother that I would look after you and your brother, I doubt that she would be pleased if I let you be killed."

Blinky shook his head, hands shaking with barely controlled frustration. "I can't explain it, but he trusts me. Aargh won't kill me, I just know he won't." Vendel gave a long-suffering sigh and placed a hand on Blinky's shoulder. "You're not even fully grown, yet you already want to stick your neck out for a stranger. I will agree to this- but only because I know you will go behind my back if I say no."

Bursting with excitement, Blinky thanked Vendel and went to get Aargh, finding him waiting in one of Vendel's rooms with Dictatious, who looked even less pleased than Vendel had. "Seriously brother? It was bad enough when you kept bringing home injured gnomes for me to heal, but now you have to bring home lost trolls?"

Aargh shrank away and Blinky glared at his brother. "It's just the one, and Vendel has given me permission to help him." He then turned his attentions to his new friend. "I hope Dictatious hasn't scared you too badly. Let me show you where you'll be staying."

The krubera may not have been a big talker, but he learned his way around Blinky and Dictatious's home quickly. Getting used to troll market took a bit longer, as Aargh wasn't used to large crowds or loud noises, but he stayed calm as long as Blinky was by his side.

It had been almost a year and a half since Aargh's arrival. Late one night, after Aargh had gone to bed, Blinky and Dictatious had chosen to stay up and read together. "Brother, I must confess that Aargh has been a good companion for you. I apologize for my original assessment."

Surprised, Blinky didn't manage a reply before Dictatious spoke again. "However, I fear that you two may have gotten... too close. You haven't expressed any interest in courtship since he arrived, while you told me that you would find a lady within the next year to pursue. You need someone to be close with- books don't count. I simply fear that you will alone forever if you do not marry soon."

Blinky snorted and set his book down. "I thought you would have noticed by now, but I'm just not interested. I only said that I would court someone to make you stop harassing me. Besides, don't you think early courtship is a little outdated?"

Dictatious frowned. "Just try, alright? If you live so closely with Aargh for long enough, people might start to talk." Blinky ignored his brother, but his heart suddenly kicked up a notch. Could Dictatious have guessed that he had a not so small crush on Aargh? As much as he had tried to squash it, Blinky's heart wasn't so good at following orders.

"There is nothing to worry about." Blinky pretended to read, but this thoughts were all on Aargh.

*Whoo, ramping up the gay! God I love the Blarghy ship :3 More will come, and thanks for all the great comments/votes/support so far!*