"Good evening Lady Amanda," he greeted her. He saw her flinch when she heard his voice and was confused for a while and decided to just let it go, "Good evening Sir Gerard" she greeted him back and he saw the panic in her eyes. "Is there any problem that I can help you with?" he asked with concern towards the Lady Amanda.

He notices her conflicted expression and then it became relax. She looks at him and smiles. "You see My Lord, I need to go back to my brother's residence for tonight. I receive a letter from my brother telling me that my mother is ill and I need to get there as fast as I can. I know it's late but I really need to go and see my mother, I will never feel at ease knowing that my mother is sick. Please My Lord help me past this gate I promise I already send a message to the King and we all know that he will let me go. I can't just stay here and wait for his response I'm sorry but I need to go. Please, I beg you" Lady Amanda told him sounding distressed and she looks terrified.

He felt sorry for the lady and decided to let her past and knowing Archid, he will allow her with this kind of emergency matters, So he looks at the guard and nods at him. The guard opens the exit gate for Lady Amanda. She reached her hand outside her carriage window for him to take, he hesitated for a while but held it in the end. "Thank you, My Lord, I will never forget this," she told him and she retreated her hand, and her carriage started moving towards the open gate. He rides his horse and trotted towards the main palace.

He is about to go down his horse when he saw Mr. Bhaer running out of the door he seems to be in a hurry and he saw him about to go inside his carriage "Sir Bhaer!" he called him to call his attention. He hurriedly went down of his horse to speak with the Chief Aide. The man stops and bowed at him. "General" the man greeted him.

"What happened? Where are you going?" he asked curiously and he felt kind of nervous. "Earlier the Queen Dowager sent a messenger for the King, telling him that he needs to come in the Princes residence because something happened with the Princes. So the King went there with some of his guards, then just now she sent someone to get me I still don't know why but she told me that I need to get there now. I'm sorry General but I need to go," Mr. Bhaer said before going inside his carriage. "I'm coming with you," he said to the man and went atop of his horse following the chief aide's carriage.

When he reaches the Princes residence he immediately went inside to know what happened and then he saw Nathan coming down the stairs. He looks at his friend and saw the grim look on his face, he could feel the anger of his friend radiating in his body. He did not ask he just watch as his friend came near him.

"You won't believe what happened here, I can't even believe it myself," Nathan told him the anger earlier was replaced by sadness and his voice is full of sorrow. "Tell me what happened," Gerard told his friend and Nathan nodded.

Nathan told him everything that happened earlier and like want Nathan said he can't also believe on what happened with the princes. He's trying to absorb all the things that Nathan told him when he heard him speak again.

"Maybe in the coming days two women will be dead," Nathan stated. "Why two?" he asked him, he thought that it was just the governess so who is the other woman? He wondered to himself.

"Lady Amanda. Apparently, she knew the things that happened here and she didn't bother to tell the King instead she even agreed with it and encourage the governess to do it. Archid already knew about it and for sure Lady Amanda will face a tragic end in his own hands. I saw it all to his face. If you just saw the look on his face you will also know it yourself," Nathan told him. When he heard the name of the Consort his body instantly felt cold and this is the first time that he felt scared to see the King this is the first time that his afraid for his own life. He knew at that moment that he made a grave mistake and he needs to face it like a man.

After staying in the Princes residence he decided to go and wait for the King in the main palace, he decided to confess his mistake and he just wishes that the King will hear him out and if not he will gladly offer his own life to repay his mistake. He was standing in the entrance of the throne room when he heard the steps coming from the entrance of the main palace.

"Gerard what are you doing here so early in the morning?" he heard the King ask. He faces towards the King direction and bowed to him when the King is in front of him. "Your Majesty I came here to say something to his Majesty," he answered the King. "Can't it wait?" The King question him with annoyance. "I'm sorry Your Majesty but I know you need to hear it from me," he said looking the King straight in his eyes. The King probably see through him and he nods at him.

He followed the King inside the throne room it was just him and the King. "Speak," he heard the King said when they were inside the room. He looks at the King before speaking he prepared himself for his friend's wrath, his ready for any punishment that he will get into this.

"I let Lady Amanda go outside the palace last night Your Majesty I'm sorry," he said straight to the King without wavering. He saw no emotion to the King's face but he was shocked when he was almost knocked out off his feet with a hard punch from the King he didn't even see it coming all he could feel right now is the pain in his left jaw.

"Explain!" Yelled by the King. He straightens his stand and looks at his King and what he saw made his heart beat so fast, that he didn't know if he could still look at him. The King's eyes are burning with anger and it was aimed towards him.

"I was on night patrol last night, I don't have any idea what's happening inside the palace and when I went back, I saw Lady Amanda in her carriage and told me that she needs to go in their estate because her mother was sick and I believed her. I didn't expect her to be lying Your Majesty, again I'm sorry," he explains, feeling ashamed on what he had done. I'm ready to receive any punishment that you will give me Your Majesty, he added still looking at his King,

Archid sighed after his long explanation and massage the bridge of his nose. He stayed quiet and didn't dare to speak up. He just waited for the King's decision. "That punch is enough for now," he heard the King said. "But I need you to find her, go to her brother's residence." The King added. The anger earlier disappeared but it was replaced by disappointment. "I'm sorry Your Majesty," he apologized again and he can no longer look at him and just bowed his head. The King didn't answer him and just walk past him.

He was so ashamed of himself that day, even he himself couldn't forgive him. He can't believe that he was played by that woman. How can he be so thick? He's still blaming himself for the Consort disappearance. He knew the King is still angry with him because after that day he never once ask for his presence or inquired about his patrol. It became more apparent when the King decided to leave him in his travel to Tupah village. The King will never leave him in the palace before and from there he knew that he was not forgiven yet, but he was given a chance to redeem himself by looking after the royal family and consort Langley.

Now he knows why the Consort of Jasmine become more hostile towards him because somehow the consort knew what happened with him and the King. But how the consort knew about it? The King told him? Archid never trusted any of his consort in this kind of matter before. Does the King finally found the person that he could share everything with? If so then, even though the consort doesn't trust him he needs to protect him with his life, like how he protects the King. He thought to himself and decided to give his protection to the consort of jasmine who he knew that the one causes all the changes around his King and he's happy about it he just wishes that he could gain his trust.