𝑾𝑬 𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑳𝑰𝑽𝑬 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑨𝒀

Start from the beginning

Silence. Then he speaks once more. "And Jeno? You promise he'll be okay, too?"

Taeyong stays silent, just slowly nodding his head. But he doesn't promise him Jeno will be okay. Taeyong can't promise Jeno will be okay. Taeyong can't save a boy that he knows, deep down, is too far gone to ever be rescued.

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

"Tadaima!" Yuta shouts from the doorway. Taeyong peers over at him from his spot on the couch, Adventure Time playing on the television.

"How many times have I told you that I don't know what that means?" Taeyong says, a slight teasing tone to his voice. Yuta pokes his tongue out at Taeyong in a playful gesture, then he freezes. His gaze lands on the orange-haired Jaemin sitting beside Taeyong on the couch, immersed in the television.

"Yong, who's that?" He asks in a low voice, and Taeyong sighs softly. Jaemin quickly scrambles to his feet and bows to Yuta in greeting.

"Hello hyung, my name is Jaemin. You've met me before, I used to work at Paradise Cafe with you." The orange-haired boy says shyly, voice shaking. Yuta shoots Taeyong a look, one of confusion and distaste. Sighing again, Taeyong stands to his feet.

"Nana, just go to my bedroom for a few minutes, okay? I just have to...discuss something with dear Yuta here." Taeyong says, albeit a little sourly. Jaemin nods quickly, scampering off to the bedroom. Taeyong waits until he hears the door click shut before he speaks again, "What's your fucking problem, Yuta?"

Yuta looks severely taken aback by this, eyes blowing wide like saucers and his mouth falling agape in shock. "What...what's my fucking problem? What's yours?" He hisses. "Why is a random kid who worked with us a year ago here?"

"I met him today at the grocery store."

"You weren't supposed to leave here! You're still injured from your fight with Magnito and what if he had attacked again while you were out? Huh?" He scowls angrily. "You're in no shape whatsoever to face him, or any criminal for that matter!" Yuta pokes at Taeyong's chest roughly, his ribs throbbing at the harsh poke. "So what is he doing here? Is he an accomplice of Magnito or something?"

Taeyong blinks, "Well, not exactly."

He blanches at those words. "What?!"

Taeyong sighs irritably, rubbing his temple. "Would you shut up for a minute so I can fucking explain what is going on?" Taeyong growls, and he huffs.

"No, why should I?" Yuta crosses his arms childishly, and Taeyong feels a vein in his forehead twitch.

"For fucks sake," Taeyong grumbles, hand glowing red. He flicks his wrist, Yuta's body engulfing in the glowing red wisps. He freaks out as Taeyong moves his body over to the small couch, dumping him on it. He glares angrily at Taeyong, arms still folded. "Quit acting like a fucking child, Nakamoto Yuta." Yuta glares, but otherwise stays quiet. "Now, as I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me: I met Jaemin at the grocery store this morning," Taeyong pauses, "before you ask why I was there, I was buying groceries because we're out of food, and I don't want to waste money on takeaway every night."

Yuta nods once, his glare settling slightly.

"Anyway, there was a confrontation going on in the store when I was there," Taeyong continues, and Yuta looks up at the older with wide eyes. "Not involving an AB, but involving police. Two police officers were trying to arrest Jaemin. I knew I had recognised him from somewhere, but anyway I got the cops to abandon trying to arrest him and I took him into the bathroom at the back of the store where he had a massive breakdown." Taeyong explains, recounting every major detail I could remember.