𝑻𝑯𝑬𝒀'𝑳𝑳 𝑩𝑬 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑵𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑺

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

thirteen

"Don't talk to him, he's weird."

"He's so weird."

"He looks weird."

"Why is his name so weird?"

Weird, weird, weird. That's all he was to everyone. Weird. Just because he was from a wealthy family. Just because he smiled weird. Just because he liked metal. Weird. Weird. Weird. Everything about him was weird.

Jeno knew he was weird, but he kept that weird part of himself a secret, only for his knowledge. He loved metal so much because he could control it. He knew people like him were weird, that they weren't wanted in this world. He knew what humans did to people like him, so of course he'd keep his powers a secret.

Sitting alone on the grass, thirteen-year-old Jeno watched the other kids playing together on the field, laughing and giggling with each other. He bit his lip, toying around with the metal coins in his hands, bending them at will into little shapes.

You look lonely.

Jeno's head snapped up, eyes blowing wide. He looked up and around, wondering who spoke. There was nobody near him, but he did notice a boy with light brown hair watching him from afar with huge eyes. Tilting his head, the boy looked sad, beckoning Jeno with his hand.

Come sit with me.

Jeno was astounded. The boy was talking to him from all the way over there.

Confused, Jeno stood, walking over to the cute boy who sat by himself under a tree. The boy sent him a cute smile, patting the grass beside him. Jeno sat, staring at the boy with wide eyes.

"Sorry if I scared you, my name is Jaemin." He introduced, smiling so big his eyes turned into cute crescents. 

Jeno just blinked, still confused. "You...you're thirteen?"

"Mhm." Jaemin grinned.

"You can talk to me in my head?"

Jaemin paused, but nodded anyway. "You're like me, right?"

Jeno just stared. "What do you mean?" He panicked.

"An AB. Like me."

Jeno's eyes widened even more than before, looking away. Jaemin placed his hand on Jeno's knee, smiling gently. Jeno was in shock; someone like him. Someone weird...like him.

"You...you're weird?" Jeno asked, voice quiet. Jaemin giggled, but nodded.

"You could say that."

˗ˏˋ♡ˎˊ˗

fifteen

"Will you go out with me?" Jeno held the flowers out to the slightly smaller male, down on one knee on the ground. People in the park turned to look at Jeno and Jaemin, whispering and snickering. Jeno's ears went red, his palms sweating around the stems of the flowers. Jeno coughed, looking only at a blushing Jaemin. "Will you, Na Jaemin, go out with me?"

Silence, and Jeno started to sweat, now nervous. He looked down, not noticing how Jaemin smiled, taking the flowers and inhaling their pretty scent. He nodded.

"Of course, Lee Jeno."

Jeno stood to his feet, shouting loudly in glee. He wrapped his arms around the fifteen-year-old boy, lifting him into his arms and spinning him around. Today is a day Jeno would never forget.