Part 10

Arnav 'I was getting ready for our marriage infact was all ready looking for Dadi to start from home to wedding hall but Dadi came suddenly and started telling and showing about your amma and my dad picture, the tale of their affair. I was shocked; I could not think anything else. Everything was blurring, I could not stand there and left the place driving away to nowhere. I was so hurt and angry. All the moment spent with my mother and the way she shot herself was running again in front of my life on one side and other side the moment I spent with you. I don't know what to do. I went to mama's garden, I was so broken, I cried, wailed letting out my anguish not knowing which path to chose. I destroyed everything there, the rose plants, benches....it was a mess....but nothing could mellow down the rage inside me. Then my eyes fell on beautiful rose laying on the ground which in my anger had fell off from the plant I destroyed mercilessly.....The single rose gave me my path...shown me light....my mama's said word came to me which I realized for the first time "to not punish the rose for thorns mistake" and I knew I've to get to you....*looking in her eyes* believe me Khushi I was coming to you.....but then....' he stopped....his heart paining, the wound still fresh.

Khushi 'then what Arnav ji'

Arnav holding her hands 'in the middle of the way I got a call from unknown number, I attended it thinking it may be from you and anyone from our family but I was so wrong....someone from other side came chilling my spine, threatening me that I should not come to wedding hall'

Khushi 'What?'

Arnav nodding his head 'I did not believe him of course, I shouted at him and threatened him back he don't know ASR at all. He just laughed and said he will be sending me a video and I'll realize the threat is not a joke *cupping her face* and it really was not funny, the video I saw till now gives me fear, there you were sitting on the mandap crying everyone from our family surrounding you where guest have left....I cried Khushi, I really cried some more I could not see you in such state, you were so convinced and have trust on me that I'll come....but what made my blood cold in fear is there was a gun pointed towards you...no one saw it....everyone were so busy consoling you, they themselves shattered.....I was shocked I tried calling everyone but it came unreachable.....I wanted to come to you soon...I can't lose you...but the moment I started the car...my phone rang again....the caller threatened me if I took one step towards Mandap then I'll lose you forever....he will kill you....I could not do anything....I had no means to reach you....I looked around sitting inside my car but I knew someone is having their eye on me......There was another video came where another gun was pointed on Di.....how can I let two people who are my world to get hurt?....and I stepped back......I did not come to mandap.....then you know what happened after that....our marriage which should have been wonderful night had become cursed night......we could not get married again......Everyone in the family were so angry on me I could not say it to anyone because every time I received parcel containing photos of everyone of us being watched, they knew everything what we are doing.....I could not even attempt to call.... I had my doubt on Dadi and Shyam first but they came clean....I tried going to private detective but even that was not useful, even before I could think in that direction I was warned, whoever the person is a step ahead of me....I thought of getting help from Aman but he too was under radar.....everyone close to me where on the radar and I could do nothing then sit and watch.....I felt so worthless.....and there our family was so angry with me and there was no support for me...no one to listen me. My day and nights were nightmare in fear of what if anyone of you gets hurt. Di was so angry that she wanted me to sign the divorce paper and make sure the contract is ended along with she wanted alimony for you....And do you know what happened after that.....the person called me....I was so hurt and in pain that I shouted at him....demanded what he wants and why he doing all this....I wanted everything to get sort out as soon as possible but what he said shocked me he wanted me to go away from this city and never return back. I was speechless I did not agree to him and the result Akash met with accident even if it is minor one and not major like life threatening but I knew it was done by that blackmailer. And I relented....if this was not enough my own family was setting you to get married with NK....I died Khushi....I really died....that was so painful....I wanted to come to you, take you away from here to a place where no one can get to us.....but that man, that unknown man was like holding dagger in invisible, attacking me from shadows...I had no choice then to leave with my soul already ripped apart. I could not see you with someone, and I wished to die that very moment but I did not because that was real punishment for me....for hurting you'