My skin is a dry and a little bit burnt caramel colour, and I'm probably the only mixed race without long full hair, courtesy of gramma and her wonderful genes. My hair was shoulder length and kinky, let's not forget my receding hair line which my family never seem to get enough of. The person that thought of hair extensions is a true hero. As I continued to assess my physique, my idiot brother barged in startling me. I know I should be used to it, but that doesn't mean I have slow human reflexes.

" No one taught you how to knock creep, I could have been naked!" l said my eyes never leaving the mirror.

"Oh please, like that would make a difference, not like you've got anything that I haven't?"

he asked with a smirk.

Here we go again with my brother thinking I'm a man. There is absolutely no reason for him to think that. I mean I have decent sized boobs, and my hips weren't bad at all. Ignoring his stupid comment, I decided to go straight to the point and ask what he wanted.

" Mom needs you in the kitchen" he said. I watched as he approached my mirror.

No, no, not this again. Okay because I'm older than him with just a year and he's way taller than me, he continues to oppress me with his stupid height. It has become tradition for us to fight our way to the mirrors in this house. On my hand, I do not consider it a fight since he wins all the time, thinking of different creative ways of getting rid of me. I have now opted to using my own mirror, in my room but that doesnt stop him from bullying me, it only gives me a headstart. We struggle in front of the mirror for a good 5 mins, before I finally give up and get my clothes from my wardrobe, leaving him to do his victory dance in front of me.

" I hate you," I muttered in disgust

" Aww come on dear sister, don't be a sour loser, better luck next time"

Rolling my eyes, I proceeded to get dressed in my bathroom not minding his last comment something about saving me the trouble of suicidal thoughts when I look in the mirror. He was right though. I was thinking of killing someone, but it certainly wasn't me...

I got dressed into my green plaid shirt and washed jeans pants. When I got out, he was gone, thankfully.I made my way to the kitchen, where breakfast was served by my mom who never stopped yelling about how tardy I am and how she needed help with breakfast but her own daughter was in her room wiling away her time. My dad on the other hand, was sipping his coffee slowly as he read the newspaper in front of him completely ignoring my mom, and fortunately for my brother he ditched me, and my mom and hitched a ride to school with his bestfriend and our neighbor, Lucas, who was equally as annoying. Leaving me alone to deal with our mother's tantrums.

This was definitely a normalday for me. The same ol', same old stuff I go through everyday.

****

Dear Mom,

It's been 2 years now since you left us. We just finished burning candles for you.I'm sure you saw us from up there so there's really no need telling you.

Anyway, so much has happened through out these past years and none of which you would be proud of. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you in some ways, and I promise to be better this year. It's the start of senior year and I want it to be special for your sake.

I mentioned earlier that I might have done some bad stuff which I can't bring myself to write even here. But I'm making sure I'll deal with it. I've been angry lately, questioning all that we believe considering what has happened. Aunt Caitlyn suggested I write a journal about it.

Ofcourse you know initially I'd object to such a silly idea, insisting that I'm fine. But obviously I'm not, and I miss you alot, and nothing I can ever do can bring you back. So here I am writing... not a journal though, but letters because somehow they make me feel closer to you.