Love

Marco POV

Waking up with Aria in my arms feels just as good as it always does. her tiny frames shifts and wiggles in my arms but never tries to pull away. she's drawn to me, as i am to her. taking myself away from my thoughts, i unwind my arm from her body and move to sit on the edge of the bed. hoping she doesn't wake up, i gently rise and walk to the kitchen where i see on the stove it's 10 a.m. We slept for nearly four hours after her little punishment. i hardly ever need to actually inflict pain on Ari, but i feel its necessary to make sure she remembers who i am. her boyfriend, Daddy, the man who cares and loves her.
"Dada?" my sleepy baby comes around the corner rubbing her eyes. she looks so cute in her matching pajamas with a pacifier in her mouth, trying to talk around it.
"w-what doing?"
"Just getting some breakfast, that's all babygirl. wanna sit?" she bobs her head,  so i pick her up and set her on the counter next to me. Little girl watches my every move, like always. i think it's how she learns and comprehends things she hardly remembers at this point. some things have came back like how to count and spell.. kind of, and she walks a lot better. she even runs! Aria has come so far since i first met her, even though some of it was backwards, i'm still proud of her.
"i love you Daddy" she beams at me
"I love you more, sweetheart" always.