Chapter.23 Save the Date

Start from the beginning

"Well, nothing is going to happen, but I'll keep you posted." I rolled my eyes and walked up to my door. "Mom! I'm home!"

I heard her laughing from the living room.

"So Miley Cyrus didn't know she had toilet paper on her shoe?!" She gasped.

"No, I had to tell her." A voice chuckled.

"What the-- Matt? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well you said your mom was fine with me staying here, so I came over here about a half an hour ago." He shrugged.

"Oh," was all I could say. It was really weird to see them talking like old friends.

"Nicole, Matt was just telling me about how he met Miley Cyrus!" My mom giggled excitedly. She had an odd fascination with Miley. She absolutely loved the song The Climb.

"Oh, well that's . . . nice?" I tried to pretend like this was all normal. "Well I'm going to take a shower," I said, running up the stairs to get away from the weirdness.

I grabbed my PJ's and headed to the bathroom. I just turned the water on when the door opened. I quickly grabbed a towel to cover myself with. I already knew who it was.

"Matt! Get out!" I gasped.

"Oh, sorry," He chuckled.

"Yeah, sure you are." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll wait," He put his hand over his eyes and turned away.

I ran the water and got into the shower quickly and closed the curtain. "Okay you can open your eyes now."

"I never closed them," I could tell he was laughing.

"Pig," I said to myself and he laughed harder. "So? What's so important that you had to walk in on me in the shower?"

"Well, do you know what tomorrow is?" He asked.

"Ah, the fifteenth?" I asked, wondering why he was asking.

"No, well yeah, but that's not what I was getting at."

"What is it Matt?"

"It's our six month anniversary," He said.

I gasped and popped my head out of the shower. He was smiling, sitting on the sink. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry, I'm really not good at remembering stuff," I blushed.

He chuckled, "It's fine. I wouldn't have remembered either, but I put it on my calender the day we started dating." He smiled.

"Well I did too, but I just didn't get a chance to look at it," I said, upset I forgot. The girl isn't supposed to forget, the boy is.

"It's okay," He laughed.

"I'm really sorry, how can I make it up to you?"

"I have a few ideas," He wagged his eye brow and pointed to the shower.

"Not going to happen," I smiled, sticking my tongue out.

"I figured," He laughed. "Okay, I'll be in your room."

"Kay!"

Shortly after he left I was out of the shower and dressed. I smiled when I saw him lounging on my bed with the remote in his hand, watching TV. I could get used to this.

I climbed under the covers and curled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me.

"So what are you going to do tomorrow?" He asked me, turning off the TV and turning to face me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I have that movie premiere I have to go to. It was part of the deal with my parents." He sighed.

"So we aren't going to be together on our anniversary?" I asked, confused.

"You didn't even know it was our anniversary until I told you," He pointed out.

"I would have figured it out . . . and that's not the point." I said angrily, sitting up on my arm.

"Well what is the point?" He asked, sitting up like me.

"The point is, it's our anniversary and your going to be at a movie thing and I'll be here." My forehead creased and I folded my arms. "Or did you want me to go with you as your date?" I asked, confused.

"Well, actually . . ." He sighed.

"Oh, this should be good." I scoffed.

"My parents want me to take . . . Natalia," He looked down, not wanting to look at me.

"Natalia?" I gasped. "What the hell!"

"It's only because they want people to know we are still friends. Just because I'm dating you doesn't mean I can't still be friends with her."

"What about her boyfriend? Won't he be mad you guys are together?"

"Well actually . . ." He mumbled.

"Oh, this just keeps getting better and better." I threw my arms up. He just looked at me, not wanting to finish. "Well, go on."

"They broke up."

"Of course they did!" I laughed sarcastically. "So let me get this right. You remind me that tomorrow is our anniversary, but then you tell me that you can't be with me because you have to go and be Natalia's date?" I asked frustrated.

"Well . . . yeah," He sighed, expecting me to flip out.

"Okay. Good night Matt," I huffed, flipping over to not face him.

"Your just going to sleep like that? On the edge of the bed?' He asked.

"Yup."

"So this is how your going to be? All night, just not touching me? What if you fall off the bed?" He chuckled.

"Even better. I'll be further away from you." I spat and he laughed harder.

"Alright, then. Good night Nicole."

I rolled my eyes before I closed them. "Yeah, whatever."