𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

Start from the beginning

"oh this...yeah. momdukes was throwing down, you hungry I'm pretty sure we got some leftover?" 

"oh no I ate before coming, thanks though" I said as I sat on the beige colored loveseat

He paused his game then set his controller down before joining me on the loveseat.

"I was thinking we leave here around 10, catch the train which will take us about 30 minutes to get to from here then—"

"wait I'm sorry...t-t-train?" I asked

"yeah well we can't drive there, traffic is insane tonight plus no parking. an Uber won't be no help either"

In all my life I've never ridden the train, never even been in the subway before. I've never had a reason to be down there.

"I don't have one of those passes"

"you mean a MetroCard?" He said followed by a cute chuckle "it's aight they sell some at the station. anyways, we should get there at about 10:45ish...catch a lil bit of the show till the ball drops. now obviously we won't get the best view, people been there since morning waiting for this shit"

"so what do we do till then?" I asked

"I dunno, talk..." He suggested

"okay. so why me of all people, I'm sure you have a lot more friends you coulda asked to come with you?"

"yeah but I wanna spend some time with you. plus every time we hang out it's usually lunch, I wanna know you when you're not stuffing your face"

That is true. Over the months Ty and I only ever go out to the mall to get lunch, and the one time we didn't was when he helped me study for a midterm, but he brought food so that doesn't really count. 

"well thanks. I've never actually gone to see the ball drop so this is something new to me"

"yeah no problem"

We were now sitting in silence which caused him to get up and finished getting dressed. As he was putting on his shoes his mom called out to him from downstairs—man she is loud.

"I'll be right back" He said then walked out of the room

I don't know what prompted me but once he left I got up and started to look around his room. It was a nice room, his whole apartment is.

He had some trophies on shelves hanging on the wall, from what I could tell they were from basketball, football and tennis—that's new. He also had his high school diploma framed and hung on his wall, an advanced regents diploma...nice!

I kept looking around his room at his posters and artwork that were hung up on his walls. A lot of it looked like his door which made me realize he drew them. So not only is he athletic and smart but he's creative too—and let's not forget good looking. If I had any gay friends I would hook him up.

"sorry bout that, she just wanted me to do some' for her" I heard him say behind me

I turned and he was now standing by the door.

"I-I was just—"

"nah it's fine. we gonna leave now actually. my mom reminded me that the train system gonna be fucked up anyways so the earlier we leave the better"

"oh okay"

"yeah. lemme just grab my jacket. you need one, you know it's like 10 degrees out right?" He asked

"and ruin my fit? I think not. I'm wearing two sweaters and a long sleeve I should be fine" I said

"you sure bout that, we gon be out there for hours?"