Arrival

The pain was horrible, the shock nearly unbearable yet, at the same time, expected. I collapsed under Voldemort's attack. I knew I would die and closed my eyes. I suddenly felt a pull like that of a portkey, but I didn't open my eyes, even as I heard voices around me.

"It worked. It's him."

"He's hurt. Get him a potion."

Only once a potion phial was raised to my lips did I finally open my eyes to stare into all-too-familiar green eyes.

"Potter?"

Wait. This wasn't Harry. Though the boy looked like him, he had red streaks in his dark hair.

"Drink, Professor, it'll help."

I drank the potion and felt the wound on my neck heal. A young man who also resembled Potter but had brown eyes helped me to my feet.

"Scorp, take him to your grandfather."

A young man who resembled Draco motioned for me to follow him. Confused, I did so. After a few moments I realized I was inside Hogwarts. I followed Scorp to an old classroom, converted into a bedroom. Sitting in a chair was...

"Lucius?"

"So, they were successful."

It was indeed Lucius Malfoy, but decades older, horribly scarred, and recently blinded.

"Go inform Remus, Scorpious."

"Yes, Grandfather."

I staggered over to my friend.

"Lucius?"

He smiled slightly as I stared into his blind eyes.

"It's been so long since I've heard your voice, Severus."

"What... what's going on?"

"Harry failed to destroyed the Dark Lord. He now rules. Remus and I are the last of the Order ofPhoenix, even Harry fell in battle a few days ago. You no doubt encounter his sons when you arrived, James and Albus."

I nodded only to remember that he couldn't see the motion.

"Yes."

"You'll meet Lily soon, I'm sure. Sweet thing, Lily, just like her grandmother. Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering how you got here and why you're here."

"Just a little."

He chuckled, but it sounded dull.

"We need you, Severus. I can no longer fight, and Remus doesn't have much fight left him in. We need you to lead the resistance against the Dark Lord. I can't explain why it has to be you, that's just what the Time Magic demanded."

"Time Magic?"

He nodded.

"Yes. It's what brought you here. You have been brought thirty-three years into the future."

"Thirty-three years?!" I practically squeaked.

Lucius nodded again.

"We're desperate, old friend. If we weren't we would not have evoked the Time Magic to Summon you. It requires a sacrifice, thus the loss of my sight."

I was floored. Lucius gave up his sight to Summon me through time to help his resistance. I stared at the scars that marred his face.

"The sacrifice must be something cherished and requires blood. When we performed the ritual Remus had to slash my eyes."

I winced.

"I'm not sure who cried more, me or Remus."

"That's a horrible joke."