Espio's Story

"UGH, LET ME GO!"

Vector's eyes widened in realization and he turned his head from the TV as Charmy looked up from his book.

"Vector," Charmy sounded worried while he placed down his book on the coffee table. "isn't that..."

BLAM!

The door was slammed open and in came Knuckles as he dragged in a very drunk chameleon.

"ESPIO!" Both croc and bee hopped/flew off the couch and ran to help their friends out.

"LEAVE ME BE!" Espio kept on screaming. "I WANNA GET LOST AND DIE!"

"Espio, calm down!" Knuckles groaned and turned to the other two in the room. "Uh, care to tell me what you guys did to make him want to make himself drunk?!"

"Vector's fault!" Charmy pointed at the crocodile immediately.

"What?!" Vector was taken back with the accusation. "What the fuck did I do?!"

"You said it yourself, Vector! You and Espio were arguing before he left!"

"Why, in the name of chaos, were you arguing?" Knuckles asked, raising an eye brow as he carried Espio over his shoulder to keep him from running off.

"NUUU!" The purple chameleon was squirming but the echidna's grip kept him from falling.

"Well," Vector looked embarrassed, guilty even. "I kinda got mad at him for hiding so many things from me and Charm. I mean, I told him my past and Charmy here told us his past but Espio gave us nothing. I just want him to talk, ya know?"

"I can understand that you wanted to see if you could trust Espio, Vector, but if he doesn't wanna tell you, don't force him. It'll only make things worse," Knuckles looks back at the drunk mobian, who was still fighting him furiously, with a sigh and a groan. "A lot worse,"

Vector frowned. "Look, I'm sorry that I got 'im an' you into this, Knux, I just couldn't hold my anger and patience in anymore,"

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to him when he gets sober. In the morning,"

With that, Knuckles smacked Espio on the couch, immediately knocking out the chameleon while Charmy and Vector screamed.

"GAH!" Charmy quickly flew to his room. "GOOD NIGHT!"

The bee's bedroom door slammed and all was silent, with only Espio's breathing heard through since it was a little loud. Vector looked down at his only best friend, guilt in his golden eyes as a sigh escaped his snout.

"Alright, well," he rubbed the back of his neck. "thanks for bringing him back, Knuckles,"

"No problem," Knuckles nodded and turned. "I'll be back tomorrow to check on him with a friend of ours. 'Night, Vector,"

"Good night..." the croc could only watch as his red echidna friend left the house, closing the door.

He looked back down at Espio, guilty before walking to the ninja chameleon's room to get a pillow and a blanket. He gently placed the pillow below the head of the knocked-out chameleon, who lightly squirmed but soon relaxed as soon as his head was placed on the soft cushion.

'Phew!' Vector sighed in relief for a while then he placed the blanket over his teammate to keep him from freezing.

Espio felt the warmth and cuddled the cloth. The crocodile felt his cheeks heat up at the sight.

'Damn.' he gulped. 'Is it wrong to think your best friend adorable?'

He then smacked his head with a groan. 'What the hell are ya thinkin', Vector?! He's your BEST FRIEND! Stop bein' a jerk! Ya already made him drunk! Don't make it worse!'