Four

I thought I could deal with heartbreak. It turns out that I'm the worst. The past few weeks I've been drawing nothing but Newt. The only time I haven't was the day I found out about his engagement. I drew her eyes. Leta Lestrange's eyes that taunt me whenever I saw that picture from the article. She's everything Newt can hope for. First of all, she's a witch so they could actually be together. She's beautiful. She's probably smart. I want to be happy that Newt found someone but I just can't. It hurts too much.

It wasn't just me having relationship problems. Tina was getting more angrier at Queenie the longer Jacob was under that love spell. Part of me was too because every time I would go home with Jacob he would just gawk at Queenie's picture.

I was at Tina's place while I was looking at Credence's recent postcard. This time he was in Paris with the circus. Ah, I remember us always dreaming about watching a circus show. Now he's with them and he's made a new friend. I wanted to tell him about Newt but decided against it because I wanted Credence to focus on himself.

"This has got to stop, Queenie," I heard Tina snap from their kitchen. "You know the rules. You can't have a relationship with him. It's completely forbidden."

"But I love him, Teen," Queenie argued. "I know we can't be together but he's just...he's amazing." Aw, that warms my broken heart. And I'm not being sarcastic about it. "I've never felt like this about anyone before."

"I know you do. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a No-Maj." I turned my head back. I could barely see their silhouettes. "I understand that you care about him, I really do, but what happens if someone turns you in? Are you really going to get arrested for someone?"

"Newt will for Lina." 

Tina chuckled sarcastically. Her temper started to rise. "And look how that turned out for them!" I heard something slam on the table. I nearly jumped from my seat. "He's getting married. He broke her heart. Did you see the look on her face? That's what going to happen between you and Jacob if this keeps happening. You need to end things before it gets worst. You can't keep this a secret any longer."

I got up and made my way towards the kitchen. I lurked behind the door as I watched the sisters argue. Queenie looked like she was going to cry while Tina's eyes crinkled in anger.

"Me keeping secrets?" Queenie cried. "Did you tell our houseguest that Grindelwald escaped three months ago? Or that he's been looking for her best friend to use him?"

My mouth flew open as I slowly entered the room. "Grindelwald escaped," I breathed.

Queenie's eyes widen in shock as Tina looked at her in rage. "Alina -" Queenie began apologizing.

I took another step forward. "So you're telling me that Grindelwald escaped and he's after my best friend...again!"

Tina glared at Queenie. "See what you did?"

I gave Tina a look. "Don't blame her. You know how much Credence means to me and you were keeping this a secret! I told you he left and you didn't even think to tell me to stop him." My eyes widen. "He's going after Credence again." My chest started to beat fast. "He's going after my - my..." I gripped the chair as I started to get dizzy. "He's - He's..."

My mouth started going dry. My chest started to hurt as I felt my windpipes going tight. I grabbed my throat as I started hyperventilating. Tina and Queenie looked at me wide-eyed as I slowly dropped to the floor.

"Alina!" they both yelled as they rushed over. My throat tightened more.

"What's going on?" Queenie asked.

"I think she's having a panic attack," Tina said.

My breathing came out more rigid. "He's - He's going after -"

Tina nodded. "We know. But I promise we're going to find him, ok?" I nodded vigorously.

"What do we do?!" Queenie asked.

Tina grabbed my shoulders. "Alina. Alina, I need you to take deep breathes." I nodded again as I started coping her breathing. "Good. Good."

"What are you doing?" Queenie rushed out.

"Calming her down," she snapped as she gave Queenie a glare. Her gaze softens when she saw me. "Alina. I want you to think about your happy place, ok?"

I nodded again before I started thinking. I closed my eyes and pictured my happy place.

"She's with Credence," Queenie read my mind. "When he would go visit her whenever he was hurt. Her happy place is when he's at peace." My eyes tightened as I felt myself calming down. My chest felt lighter as the scenery changed. "Oh."

Tina gave her a questioning look. "What? What is it?"

I felt my eyes water as my other happy place started to replay in my head.

"Oh, my god, Newt!" I said happily. "H - How? My sketchbook was completely ruined."

"I might have used magic to dry them while we were out." He gave me a nervous innocent smile after.

I set my sketchbook down and hugged him. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I was so happy when we pulled away, I was smiling so big. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Before I realize what I was doing, I leaned closer and placed my lips on his. When I pulled away my eyes were wide. "I'm sorry."

"Alina -" Newt started softly. I knew it. I knew it. He doesn't feel the same way.

I grabbed my sketchbook. "Umm, I think we should pretend this didn't happen. Yeah? I - I didn't just kiss you. I'm just really happy you got my sketchbook back. I - I'll just...."

Newt grabbed my sleeve and pulled me back. He gently grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me. When we pulled away he gave me a small smile. "No need to apologize."

"Oh, Alina," Queenie breathed as I opened my eyes. My breathing went back to semi-normal. My chest was still gasping for air, but I did feel a bit better.

"I'm fine," I lied.

Tina gave me a worried look. "Alina, you just had a panic attack." She helped me up. "Come on."

"What are you doing?" Queenie asked as she followed us to the door. "You're not going to obliviate her, are y -"

"Stay out of this, Queenie!" Tina snapped before slamming the door behind her. She waved her wand for a small pastery and handed it to me. "Eat."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Paris. You're helping me find Credence." I gave her a confused look. How did she know he was there? She waved her wand to poof the postcard in her hand. "If anyone can convince him to come with us it's you."

》》》》

A/N: Boom! Next chapter is where it all begins.